Thread: How do I remove a phone from my 2011 Sportwagen without menus

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

How do I remove a phone from my 2011 Sportwagen without menus

I have a 2011 Sportwagen 2.5S It is the base model with access to the phone bluetooth only through the 3 buttons in the headliner. I recently paired a Nokia Windows phone to the radio. Ever since, my Motorola Android phone will not work properly with the bluetooth. When I give the command; Call [last name] [first name], the wrong name will alwasy be picked from the phone book. Prior to pairing the Windows phone the Call command on my Android worked perfectly.

I've tried unpairing and re-pairing, with and without powering down of both the phone and car, but the problem remains. The Telefon manual that came with the car only lists a way to remove a phone from the bluetooth system by use of menus driven by buttons on the steering wheel. I've searched around in VCDS but can't find a way to remove stored phones.

I have no idea how to get the car to forget about the Windows phone and re-download my address book from the Android. Each time I re-pair the Android, I allow access to my address book but the situation does not improve.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wouldn't adaption channel 000 reset to factory settings?
    I am a VW Freak - Le WV Freaks OR Come visit me at my work with ODIS concerns - FORSS ODIS GeKo/FaZit access for VW/AUDI/Škoda
    The world is my oyster...

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by golfi_vend View Post
    Wouldn't adaption channel 000 reset to factory settings?
    I found out it can be done with voice commands. Push the phone button, say "setings", then "restore defaults". You can find out all the voice commands by saying "help" at any time. The system will tell you all the options.

4. Likes Dana liked this post