Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New VCDS Hex-Net User

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    OK, that's broken and needs to be fixed. Now the work-around: Connect to the car again and talk to some module that's missing ASAM data by accessing the module directly, rather than just doing an Auto-Scan. Assuming you have internet access, it should then prompt you.

-Uwe-
    How would I know which module is missing the ASAM data? The pop-up stated that "ASAM data missing for some modules". I am assuming an example of a module is 0053? In that case I would need to open each module for the entire scan?

Regards,

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK, that's broken and needs to be fixed. Now the work-around: Connect to the car again and talk to some module that's missing ASAM data by accessing the module directly, rather than just doing an Auto-Scan. Assuming you have internet access, it should then prompt you.

-Uwe-
    I tried to do a per-module scan but didn't see where that was possible. I tried autoscan, which did not allow any changes to what it was going to scan. It did however supply a list of gateways it was going to scan. I tried manual scan and selected the A6 C6 option but it would not let me make any changes to what it was going to scan. I went into a module (engine 01) but there was no functionality to scan. I opened the cloud functions as well to no avail.

It is possible I am missing what you want me to do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Sorry, I should have said this previously: Assuming we are talking about the car from which the scan is in Post 16 of this thread, it looks like the airbag module is the only one that needs additional data to be downloaded. How to tell? It's the only one that reports an ASAM dataset:

Address 15: Airbags (J234) Labels:4F-15.lbl
    Part Number SW: 4F0-910-655-M HW: 4F0-959-655-F
    Component: Airbag AU1042 H06 0090
    Revision: --------
    Coding: 303142373034303030314A55304C34463053
    Shop #: WSC 02324 785 00200
    ASAM Dataset: EV_Airba10AURB4 001001
    VCID: 312586C7F833D234FC172

-Uwe-

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, I should have said this previously: Assuming we are talking about the car from which the scan is in Post 16 of this thread, it looks like the airbag module is the only one that needs additional data to be downloaded. How to tell? It's the only one that reports an ASAM dataset:

Address 15: Airbags (J234) Labels:4F-15.lbl
    Part Number SW: 4F0-910-655-M HW: 4F0-959-655-F
    Component: Airbag AU1042 H06 0090
    Revision: --------
    Coding: 303142373034303030314A55304C34463053
    Shop #: WSC 02324 785 00200
    ASAM Dataset: EV_Airba10AURB4 001001
    VCID: 312586C7F833D234FC172

-Uwe-
    That makes sense to me.

So that leaves us with the following issues that are not coming up as a fault while scanning:

1. The Brake icon (wheel with the pads sensor)
    2. Brake Light (Possibly due to the above)
    3. Foglight Warning on Dash (foglights were swapped with aftermarket LED's)
    4. Service Due (How can I clear this?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brknhalo View Post
    So that leaves us with the following issues that are not coming up as a fault while scanning:

1. The Brake icon (wheel with the pads sensor)
    2. Brake Light (Possibly due to the above)
    If it's the pad sensor circuit, I wouldn't expect any fault codes.

3. Foglight Warning on Dash (foglights were swapped with aftermarket LED's)
    That's a but more puzzling. I think there should be a fault code for that, but I don't think there's any way to make this car happy with LED bulbs in place of the fog short of adding resistors in parallel to simulate the original load.

4. Service Due (How can I clear this?)
    VCDS-Mobile doesn't have an SRI automation yet, so to do this with VCDS-Mobile you would have to tweak adaptation channels in the instrument cluster manually. Do you have anything you can run the Windows-based VCDS program on?

-Uwe-

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    If it's the pad sensor circuit, I wouldn't expect any fault codes.

That's a but more puzzling. I think there should be a fault code for that, but I don't think there's any way to make this car happy with LED bulbs in place of the fog short of adding resistors in parallel to simulate the original load.

VCDS-Mobile doesn't have an SRI automation yet, so to do this with VCDS-Mobile you would have to tweak adaptation channels in the instrument cluster manually. Do you have anything you can run the Windows-based VCDS program on?

-Uwe-
    We can wipe the brake issue off the plate. I removed the tire and saw that the sensor cable from the pad was done for. I fixed this and saw both the brake and (O) pads icon disappear from the dash. I figured I would see a fault during an autoscan but I will remember that for future reference.

I will work towards getting the resistors installed versus changing values. If possible, I would like to know why I am not seeing a fault when I do a scan.

I will see if I can work on getting my hands on a Windows-based machine for the VCDS to see if this makes a change. What version should I install when I do this?

Regards,

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will see if I can work on getting my hands on a Windows-based machine for the VCDS to see if this makes a change. What version should I install when I do this?
    Version 14.2.1

2012 A8L 4.2 Oolong/Titanium. Premium, LED, Driver assist, Rear seat comfort, Dual pane, Alcantara, Panorama

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jakematic View Post
    Version 14.2.1
    Or newer, if there's a newer one on that page by then.

-Uwe-