New VCDS Hex-Net User

brknhalo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=209727
Did the HEX-NET have an internet connection at that time? If not, have you done a [Check for Updates] since they while it did?

-Uwe-

I was able to download and update to the latest version.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I just replaced the pads and rotors for both front and back. The front pads had the sensors on them as expected. I am hoping there is a way to clear that fault.
Well, there doesn't seem to be a fault code to clear. Historically, the front wear is just a simple circuit, that turns on a dumb light in the cluster, without ever setting fault code. If the light stays on, there's a problem with the circuit.

-Uwe-

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I was able to download and update to the latest version.
That looks to have been before you did the scan, and hence before your HEX-NET knew what data it needed for that particular car.

-Uwe-

brknhalo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=209727
I have to bring it into the dealer to fix the rearview mirror that is hopefully covered under warranty. I am curious to see what they will say about the warnings and what they did to fix them. I am thinking that the two-wire sensor on one of the front pads-set may have gotten pinched when it was being installed.

I will supply an update with whatever I can find out. I will ask about the other brake warning as well.

brknhalo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=209727
I also received a notice while doing the scan:
"ASAM Data missing for some modules in scan. You will be prompted to download the missing data after the scan"

I have not been prompted.

Does anyone have anything on this?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I did. I asked you if your HEX-NET has had the opportunity to talk to the server since you did the Auto-Scan, and I don't see a clear answer to that.

-Uwe-

brknhalo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=209727
I did. I asked you if your HEX-NET has had the opportunity to talk to the server since you did the Auto-Scan, and I don't see a clear answer to that.

-Uwe-

I am not clear on what you are asking. I checked again for an update after the scan and verified I was up to date.

Was there another answer you were looking for?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Yes. If you've successfully checked for updates after doing a scan, it SHOULD have downloaded any files it detected as needing during the scan. Now the question is, whether it really did or not. We'll have to see what we can see from this end.

-Uwe-

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
OK, that isn't working quite the way it should -- stand by....

-Uwe-

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
OK, that's broken and needs to be fixed. Now the work-around: Connect to the car again and talk to some module that's missing ASAM data by accessing the module directly, rather than just doing an Auto-Scan. Assuming you have internet access, it should then prompt you.

-Uwe-

brknhalo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=209727
OK, that's broken and needs to be fixed. Now the work-around: Connect to the car again and talk to some module that's missing ASAM data by accessing the module directly, rather than just doing an Auto-Scan. Assuming you have internet access, it should then prompt you.

-Uwe-

How would I know which module is missing the ASAM data? The pop-up stated that "ASAM data missing for some modules". I am assuming an example of a module is 0053? In that case I would need to open each module for the entire scan?

Regards,

brknhalo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=209727

-Uwe-

I tried to do a per-module scan but didn't see where that was possible. I tried autoscan, which did not allow any changes to what it was going to scan. It did however supply a list of gateways it was going to scan. I tried manual scan and selected the A6 C6 option but it would not let me make any changes to what it was going to scan. I went into a module (engine 01) but there was no functionality to scan. I opened the cloud functions as well to no avail.

It is possible I am missing what you want me to do.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Sorry, I should have said this previously: Assuming we are talking about the car from which the scan is in Post 16 of this thread, it looks like the airbag module is the only one that needs additional data to be downloaded. How to tell? It's the only one that reports an ASAM dataset:

Address 15: Airbags (J234) Labels:4F-15.lbl
Part Number SW: 4F0-910-655-M HW: 4F0-959-655-F
Component: Airbag AU1042 H06 0090
Revision: --------
Coding: 303142373034303030314A55304C34463053
Shop #: WSC 02324 785 00200
ASAM Dataset: EV_Airba10AURB4 001001
VCID: 312586C7F833D234FC172

-Uwe-

brknhalo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=209727
Sorry, I should have said this previously: Assuming we are talking about the car from which the scan is in Post 16 of this thread, it looks like the airbag module is the only one that needs additional data to be downloaded. How to tell? It's the only one that reports an ASAM dataset:

Address 15: Airbags (J234) Labels:4F-15.lbl
Part Number SW: 4F0-910-655-M HW: 4F0-959-655-F
Component: Airbag AU1042 H06 0090
Revision: --------
Coding: 303142373034303030314A55304C34463053
Shop #: WSC 02324 785 00200
ASAM Dataset: EV_Airba10AURB4 001001
VCID: 312586C7F833D234FC172

-Uwe-

That makes sense to me.

So that leaves us with the following issues that are not coming up as a fault while scanning:

1. The Brake icon (wheel with the pads sensor)
2. Brake Light (Possibly due to the above)
3. Foglight Warning on Dash (foglights were swapped with aftermarket LED's)
4. Service Due (How can I clear this?)

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
So that leaves us with the following issues that are not coming up as a fault while scanning:

1. The Brake icon (wheel with the pads sensor)
2. Brake Light (Possibly due to the above)
If it's the pad sensor circuit, I wouldn't expect any fault codes.

3. Foglight Warning on Dash (foglights were swapped with aftermarket LED's)
That's a but more puzzling. I think there should be a fault code for that, but I don't think there's any way to make this car happy with LED bulbs in place of the fog short of adding resistors in parallel to simulate the original load.

4. Service Due (How can I clear this?)
VCDS-Mobile doesn't have an SRI automation yet, so to do this with VCDS-Mobile you would have to tweak adaptation channels in the instrument cluster manually. Do you have anything you can run the Windows-based VCDS program on?

-Uwe-

brknhalo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=209727
If it's the pad sensor circuit, I wouldn't expect any fault codes.

That's a but more puzzling. I think there should be a fault code for that, but I don't think there's any way to make this car happy with LED bulbs in place of the fog short of adding resistors in parallel to simulate the original load.

VCDS-Mobile doesn't have an SRI automation yet, so to do this with VCDS-Mobile you would have to tweak adaptation channels in the instrument cluster manually. Do you have anything you can run the Windows-based VCDS program on?

-Uwe-

We can wipe the brake issue off the plate. I removed the tire and saw that the sensor cable from the pad was done for. I fixed this and saw both the brake and (O) pads icon disappear from the dash. I figured I would see a fault during an autoscan but I will remember that for future reference.

I will work towards getting the resistors installed versus changing values. If possible, I would like to know why I am not seeing a fault when I do a scan.

I will see if I can work on getting my hands on a Windows-based machine for the VCDS to see if this makes a change. What version should I install when I do this?

Regards,

jakematic

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=129085
I will see if I can work on getting my hands on a Windows-based machine for the VCDS to see if this makes a change. What version should I install when I do this?

Version 14.2.1

Back