VW T5 UIS 55 plate 1.9

Trade Member

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=271231
I am working on the dreaded T5 that has or seemed to have many problems over recent months and one being difficult starting that I didn't diagnose using diagnostic equipment because it has turned out to be an engine that seriously is struggling to breath.

I removed the inlet manifold and cylinder 1 port was completely blocked with carbon, the intake ports into the cylinder head was heavily soiled with wet carbon to the extent that the valves stems couldn't even be seen down the ports. Having decided to de-coke the cylinder head I have found that the unit injectors are secured in place by what looks like normal male splines, but my set does not have one that fits them, is there anything special about these injector bolts splines?

thanks.

smokey08

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=120732
They should be a normal M6 spline. It needs to be quite long so it doesn’t foul the camshaft cap.

Trade Member

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=271231
They should be a normal M6 spline. It needs to be quite long so it doesn’t foul the camshaft cap.

Thanks, I tried a second spline set today and worked a treat, must be a bear (bare) or should I say (damaged tool bit) or something on my old spline, eyesight not as clear as it used to be :)

Last edited:
Back