Status
Not open for further replies.

NothingLasts1987

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=214196
Will this option be available in the future? It is a little counter productive to have to close out and connect the HEX-NET to the internet in order to go into VCDS Mobile to update it.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Hmm, if you're using as a wireless interface, your PC can talk to it. How about we compromise: We'll put a button in VCDS that launches your browser, pointed at VCDS-Mobile. ;)

-Uwe-

NothingLasts1987

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=214196
I'm not using a wireless interface.

Here's the thing, I can't use my HEX-NET in infrastructure mode while working on my car because my router doesn't broadcast that far. So I'm left using AP mode, which doesn't allow for coding changes, so no fun there. I need a computer with VCDS beta to mess with the fun stuff. Every time I get to my car with my laptop and get ready to do something, I'm greeted with the, "please update your HEX-NET to the latest firmware" message so I then have to bring everything back inside from my car and attempt to update the firmware. I've been attempting this very thing for the last hour and it is currently just hanging around, not updating.

My current FW version is: .184
It needs to update to: .187
BUT IT WONT? So I am left working in AP mode and can't do any coding changes :(

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
So brought it inside, you're in infrastructure mode, you've confirmed connectivity to the cloud server, and it won't update FW, is that correct?

Can you please describe exactly what it does when you attempt to do so?

Have you tried power-cycling the interface?

What device/browser are you accessing it with?

-Uwe-

NothingLasts1987

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=214196
It hangs at:
Updating:
(bar) 10% ETA: ~(continues to increase) minutes
Step [1/2] Downloading update:
(bar) 20%
Downloading update

I've tried using VCDS-mobile on my laptop and phone; neither show the device get past that point.

Last edited:

NothingLasts1987

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=214196
When I get everything inside, I power the HEX-NET through a USB port. I use VCDS-mobile to change to infrastructure mode using my home internet. Then I go to download the update and it hangs. I tested the network connection using VCDS-mobile and it comes back excellent.

NothingLasts1987

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=214196
My laptop is running windows 8.1 and my phone is on android 4.4.4 but I wouldn't think that matters as the hex-net is communicating using vcds-mobile?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I'll suggest the following:

• Re-boot the interface.
  • If you're powering the interface from your PC, make sure the Configuration utility isn't up and running when you're trying to update the FW.
  • Reboot your WiFi router.
  • If it still won't update, post the results from: [Options] -> [Self Test] -> [Advanced Network Test]

-Uwe-

NothingLasts1987

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=214196
Followed your steps, the update still hangs.

Here's Self Test Results
Screenshot_2014-07-16-11-44-22.png

Screenshot_2014-07-16-11-44-31.png

NothingLasts1987

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=214196
Just to be sure, I've tried using different computers and USB cables now with no change. I didn't think it would help but it was worth a try.

Santos

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
What type of internet are you using? What type of modem? What type of router?

Have you tried tethering with your phone?

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Are you using a captive portal with wireless guest access?

NothingLasts1987

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=214196
What type of internet are you using? What type of modem? What type of router?

Have you tried tethering with your phone?

I have wireless internet that plugs directly from a receiver into a wireless router. All past updates have worked, after a try or two. After messing around with it for so long, I did try using a smartphone hotspot with the same results, I gave it a rest and left it unplugged for a good 20 minutes before trying again. Low and behold it did accept the update and finished all the way through on my home wireless internet. I'm guessing it was a hiccup of some sorts on the servers end? Either that or the HEX-NET needed some time to cool down, as I did.

Reactions: Uwe

bjterp00

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=220163
I am also unable to update the firmware on my new Hex-Net. I am connected via USB to my PC, and logged into the Hex-Net in infrastructure mode. Self check is fine, but I never got past 4% on the download, and now I can't even go above 0%. I suspect it is on the server side, too. I've tried via iPad, iPhone, directly connected with my MacBook via USB using Safari and Chrome. No dice. I did the self-test and advanced test, and all the pings are fast, and everything looks fine. Any ideas?

Fantasiamon

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208800
I am also unable to update the firmware on my new Hex-Net. I am connected via USB to my PC, and logged into the Hex-Net in infrastructure mode. Self check is fine, but I never got past 4% on the download, and now I can't even go above 0%. I suspect it is on the server side, too. I've tried via iPad, iPhone, directly connected with my MacBook via USB using Safari and Chrome. No dice. I did the self-test and advanced test, and all the pings are fast, and everything looks fine. Any ideas?

I'm having the same update issue and it's extremely frustrating. Been trying for days now on iphone, ipad, laptop.....nada. 4% hangup and never gets further. Dowload time just keeps going up....3mins, 5mins, 30 mins, 1 hour, 1.5 hours, 2 hours. Please help Hulk no smash. I have new Golf R Bi-Xenons to install and code!!!

Shaun

Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Guys, we are aware that some people are having issues with updates at the moment. We are looking into this issue. We have reverted some stuff on the server to try to work around this problem. Please go ahead (make sure you have rebooted your HEX-NET) and try this update again.

--Shaun

lucidmotions

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=214403
May be late to this party but have tried for over a week now to update and won't update. Tried via comp tried via tethered iPhone. The first few times it looked like it was updating and said 1% then remained there for almost 30 minutes. Now it's not even showing a progress. My firmware and / or other updates are stuck at or around 19 June. That was the last time it didn't give me any issues.

Shaun

Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
If you are still having problems, try "options" -> "clear dataset cache" and then try to update. If that doesn't work, try resetting to default settings by holding the button on the HEX-NET for ~50 seconds. When you let go, it should beep in confirmation. The HEX-NET needs to be powered on when you do this. After this, you will need to re-enter your wifi settings, and then check for updates again.

--Shaun

Fantasiamon

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208800
Just to be sure, I've tried using different computers and USB cables now with no change. I didn't think it would help but it was worth a try.

Just to update, I have managed to get the update completely downloaded so it looks like I should be good to go now. Download no longer just hanging there. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back