Frankenstein

Rich L.

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56822
Howdy Uwe. I'm a long time VCDS user on various Audis. It's been very helpful, thanks!

I now have built a Porsche 944 with an v8 engine as a track car. It's wicked. I've just finished adding ABS using a pump from a Boxster w/o TCS or PSM. It's a 3 channel system with a k-wire for OBD. I setup a wiring harness for it myself inserting the k-wire into pin 7 of the OBD connector of my stand-alone engine wiring harness. This already had a bus positive line in pin 2, the grounds in pins 4 and 5 as well as power in pin 16.

My VCDS system doesn't connect to either the Generic OBD-II or the specific ABS controller. My Actron generic OBDII scanner talks to the '01 Camaro computer just fine, I assume on pin 2. Is there a way that I could get VCDS to ignore pin 2 and talk to the ABS controller on pin 7?

Thanks,
Rich

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Rich,

Your HEX-USB+CAN interface doesn't care what's happening on pin 2; it isn't even connected to anything in the interface. My guess is VCDS also has no idea how to talk to your ABS, but if you want to try something, run the Control Module Finder and see if it comes up with anything.

-Uwe-

Rich L.

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56822
Thanks Uwe. I started a search but didn't have the battery power to let it finish. I'll try again when I can.

Rich

Back