Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9N Polo Power Steering Issues - New to Forum

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you try unplugging N79 (or any other components on that fused circuit) to see if 44 communicates both key on and engine running? I'm wondering if the lack of 44 communication at idle may be related to something on the K-line or PT databus rather than a power supply problem at this point.

2. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    After a fair amount of wiring checks I went ahead and replaced the pump last night, I now get reliable comms with the steering module but now have "00816 - Power Steering Sensor (G250) 37-00 - Faulty" which will not clear. Looks like this will have to be changed as well.

The pump had definitely been replaced in the past, and quite badly too as one of the bracket mounting holes has a partially stripped thread

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Did you try unplugging N79 (or any other components on that fused circuit) to see if 44 communicates both key on and engine running? I'm wondering if the lack of 44 communication at idle may be related to something on the K-line or PT databus rather than a power supply problem at this point.
    I can't see that N79 is fitted, theres just a pipe from the cam cover to the inlet with no heater element present.

5. Likes Dana liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I replaced the steering angle sensor (G250) last night and the power steering is now working , however I still have the steering warning light on the dash and "00816 - Power Steering Sensor (G250) 37-00 - Faulty" is still present and will not clear. Any ideas?

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/00816

You need to correct the sensor for short/ground/open/to B+?or possible bad sensor.