Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mk7 GSW disabling DRL

Post Thanks / Like

PS: The tweak instructions above will permanently remove DRLs. Another, perhaps more elegant method of doing something similar is to enable a DRL switch on the MENU screen that allows the driver to choose which mode to use (i.e. DRL-on, of DRL-off). If you prefer this alternative, then see the instructions HERE
    This worked perfectly. My DRLs are disabled but can activate them any time from the multi function display.
    I've made a few other changes from info found elsewhere namely the ability to open and close windows via the key fob. I'm still trying to see if I can get the passenger mirror to dip when going in reverse. I'm not sure if this varies between AT and MT cars because the tweaks I've made didn't work but I'll have to check again. Another tweak I need to work on is the hatch pop via the fob. I'm not sure why VW removed the button inside the car to pop the hatch either.
    VAG Cars owned
    '90 Audi Coupe Q - '06 VW Rabbit - '17 VW GSW

2. Likes Uwe, DV52 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^^^ nacg8or: I'm pleased that the tweak was successful- well done.

There are lots of examples on different forums for how to implement the mirror reverse tweak, so I've no doubt that you will easily find these instructions. Just a word of caution though regarding this tweak - it stands to reason that in order for this function to work correctly, the car needs to remember the position of the mirror in the forward direction (so that it returns where it started). The mechanism that the mk7 uses to do this is the inclusion of a memory module in the mirror system. NOT ALL MK7S HAVE THIS MEMORY MODULE! What I understand happens when the memory module isn't installed and the mirror dip tweak is implemented is that it either doesn't work at all, or if it does work, the return position of the mirror isn't correct (i.e. the passenger-side mirror returns to different poitions when the car moves forward).

So, before you implement the tweak, I suggest that you go to the Advanced Measuring Values area for the passenger door control module (@ address hex52) and then tick the boxes shown in the picture below. If the memory module is installed, you should see the values shown on the right-side of the picture (note: the X/Y coordinates might differ - but they shouldn't be "255". However, the last two "Actual" entries must be the same as shown)

Don

VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

4. Likes Uwe, nacg8or liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    ^^^^^ nacg8or: I'm pleased that the tweak was successful- well done.

So, before you implement the tweak, I suggest that you go to the Advanced Measuring Values area for the passenger door control module (@ address hex52) and then tick the boxes shown in the picture below. If the memory module is installed, you should see the values shown on the right-side of the picture (note: the X/Y coordinates might differ - but they shouldn't be "255". However, the last two "Actual" entries must be the same as shown)

Don
    Thanks for the info Don. I guess this tweak isn't going to work because this
    [IMG][/IMG]

Oh well

Nic
    VAG Cars owned
    '90 Audi Coupe Q - '06 VW Rabbit - '17 VW GSW