Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CCM swap and now no start...

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Adding and subtracting are not the same thing.

-Uwe-
    Yup! So I tried it still no joy. I went back to the original setup and nothing. I think this unit may be bad. Or just not willing to play with the US ECU...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by summitradio View Post
    Yup! So I tried it still no joy. I went back to the original setup and nothing. I think this unit may be bad. Or just not willing to play with the US ECU...
    I haven't heard the starter blockage on ccm, but then again i haven't played with mk4 Audis that much. On EU golf4 i know that i haven't encountered that situation if there could even be one. Maybe if there isn't than the ccm doesn't pass current through because it isn't supposed to? If that's the case, there is possibility to bridge the wires.

Did you get rid of the de-safe faults? What is the coding of the old CCM?
    I am a VW Freak - Le WV Freaks OR Come visit me at my work with ODIS concerns - FORSS ODIS GeKo/FaZit access for VW/AUDI/Škoda
    The world is my oyster...

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sure it does...........Its part of the alarm......

Before condemning the module.

The first thing I would do is verify the alarm is disarmed in 0x35.............
    Then confirm via wire diagrams with a starter jump out that the ignition switch is working in crank circuit to module and module to starter.....including any possible fuses or relays/grounds shared in tracks.