Thread: CLOUD

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

CLOUD

I hesitate asking this question but here we go.
    The Cloud. I know there's no actual cloud .With that out of the way, can anyone describe to me in layman's terms and maybe an actual situation where I would want to and or would have to use "the cloud" I haven't been able to find a video nor literature that get's into this subject for "dummies" yet ,maybe there is one.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you know dropbox? Thats an 'cloud', it allows you acces from any where from the planet (with internet connection), to your saved data.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cloud computing basically means you save your data on a remote server in an unknown location which is accessed via the internet.

The up side is that you can access your data from anywhere with internet access and on any device.

The down sides are that you rely on having internet access, on whoever runs the server keeping it online, and you rely on them keeping user data and access passwords secure.

Personally, I would always keep a local backup and I would never save confidential data on a cloud server.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    @ PetrolDave, i only use dropbox with a 2 step authentication. So even if the PW got leaked they still cant get it

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

6. Likes Mats@MFT, PetrolDave, smokey08 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie View Post
    @ PetrolDave, i only use dropbox with a 2 step authentication. So even if the PW got leaked they still cant get it
    Belt & braces is always a good idea