CLOUD

COBHONIAN

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=270149
I hesitate asking this question but here we go.
The Cloud. I know there's no actual cloud .With that out of the way, can anyone describe to me in layman's terms and maybe an actual situation where I would want to and or would have to use "the cloud" I haven't been able to find a video nor literature that get's into this subject for "dummies" yet ,maybe there is one. :confused:

Dutchie

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=125479
Do you know dropbox? Thats an 'cloud', it allows you acces from any where from the planet (with internet connection), to your saved data.

1175px-Cloud_computing.svg.png

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Cloud computing basically means you save your data on a remote server in an unknown location which is accessed via the internet.

The up side is that you can access your data from anywhere with internet access and on any device.

The down sides are that you rely on having internet access, on whoever runs the server keeping it online, and you rely on them keeping user data and access passwords secure.

Personally, I would always keep a local backup and I would never save confidential data on a cloud server.

Dutchie

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=125479
@ PetrolDave, i only use dropbox with a 2 step authentication. ;) So even if the PW got leaked they still cant get it:)

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
@ PetrolDave, i only use dropbox with a 2 step authentication. ;) So even if the PW got leaked they still cant get it:)
Belt & braces is always a good idea :D

Back