My table in the Uwe's bar, about Serbia etc...

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
Never mind. I found a news outlet here that reported it was a 0-0 draw:

http://www.newsday.com/sports/soccer/usmnt-vs-serbia-pictures-1.13033115

Look at all the empty seats!!!!!!!!!!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Even *Trump* couldn't claim that the match was well-attended..... :p

Boki Ar

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57300
Yes, it was a draw. 0 : 0. ;)

Power of the media, one more time. During TV coverage seems lot of viewers. Our publisher says that this type of football 2. or 3. on the list of popularity among American youth. :rolleyes:

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
Unlike Kuwait in 2012 with Kazahkstan, did we at least get the Serbian National Anthem correct????? :)

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Yes, it was a draw. 0 : 0. ;)

Boki Ar: Sounds like you enjoy the game - but I have to point out that after playing for the period (not sure how long that is), nothing was achieved (no winners and no losers)!!:facepalm: There aren't too many sports that can boast that kind of outcome, which I understand is not unusual and still have such a strong fan base!!

Don

PS: would be better if soccer didn't have the off-side rule!

Boki Ar

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57300
@ Vreihen, i can't tell exact, 'cause I did not listen when Nationals Anthems intoned... I hope that was correct. :thumbs:

@ DV52 i'm not football fan... Preferred NASCAR or Moto GP race. :cool:

The match was friendly, when a competition there is no draw.

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
Three points for a win, one point for a draw, zero points for a loss.....

Zenerdiode

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=24330
Serbia = 88361 square kms , 7,164,000 population
Australia = 7,692,000 square kms, 23,130,000 population

Population density: Serbia = 81.07649302 persons/sq km and Australia= 3.007020281 persons/sq km.

Hmm, yes, but what about habitable land mass? Whenever I see an aerial view of Australia - it's like a Polo mint. All green an lush around the edges, brown and barron in the middle. :D Or to use a more apt analogy for this forum, 'skin effect' :)

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Hmm, yes, but what about habitable land mass? Whenever I see an aerial view of Australia - it's like a Polo mint. All green an lush around the edges, brown and barron in the middle. :D Or to use a more apt analogy for this forum, 'skin effect' :)

Zenerdiode: It all depends how you define "habitable land mass". Just because it's brown in the centre, doesn't mean that it can't sustain human life - we have some remarkable aborigines down here that happily live in the deserts and they have done so for countless generations (amazing peoples)! Come true climate change, I suspect that they will be true survivors whilst we white-guys drink our own urine to keep alive!! :facepalm:

Don

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Come true climate change, I suspect that they will be true survivors whilst we white-guys drink our own urine to keep alive!! :facepalm:
I have a better plan: Build some thorium-powered desalination plants and make your deserts bloom. :cool:

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688

Poor Diego Maradoni! As Andrew Lloyd Webber said:

Ironically, my worst day as a Buffalo Bills fan happened about 6 months later in Superbowl XXV. Scott Norwood became a household name and the butt of many choking under pressure jokes (and the story plot of "Ace Ventura, Pet Detective") with his wide right miss that cost the Bills the Superbowl win:

Oh, well. At least I still have happy memories of Frank Reich and "The Comeback" a few years later.....

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
I just realized that the football shootout was Argentina's second major national loss in a decade. The other one is over those silly Falkland Islands, and is apparently still a sore subject down there.....

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
I just realized that the football shootout was Argentina's second major national loss in a decade. The other one is over those silly Falkland Islands, and is apparently still a sore subject down there.....

vreihen: Is there a quick-and-dirty dummies guide to your football game? I cannot for the life-of-me understand what's happening in the video. Looks like catch-me-f#ck-me (no offense) and the title on the video reads more like a statement of America's current political leanings than an explanation of what's happening!

Don

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
There was 8 seconds left in Superbowl XXV, and the Buffalo Bills (white shirts) were losing 19-20 against the NY Giants (blue shirts). They were at the 29 yard line, meaning they needed to move the ball 29 yards to the endzone to get six points for the touchdown. With only 8 seconds left in the game, they didn't really have enough time to go for the touchdown (which was highly unlikely). The only option that they had was to try to kick a field goal, which would give them three points and the win. At that distance, it was a 50/50 shot that he could make the field goal.

On artificial turf, the Bills kicker (Scott Norwood) was good for about 50 yards in any game. On natural grass, it is more difficult to plant your non-kicking foot due to less traction. After adding on the 10 yards that the goalposts are beyond the endzone line and 8 yards that the kicker is away from the ball when the play starts, the kick was 47 yards. As the announcer said, it was the longest kick on grass of the season for him. Buffalo's home stadium had artificial turf at the time, so he didn't kick on grass very much.

They lined up for the kick, with the defense (Giants) on the 28 yard line, the offense (Bills) on the 30 yard line, and the center threw the ball (snap) between his legs from the 29 yard line back to the holder at the 37 yard line. As soon as the ball moves, the Giants can start running towards it to block the kick. The Bills players on the line need to delay them long enough to get the kick into the air. The holder placed the ball in kicking position, Scott Norwood kicked it as the Giants rushed at him, and the resulting kick sailed to the right of the goalpost that meant that he didn't score.

The game ended four seconds later with the Bills losing 19-20, and was the start of the biggest streak of futility in American pro sports. They went on to kick butt for the next three seasons, but wound up losing 4 Superbowls in a row. No team but the Bills has ever even made it to 4 Superbowls in a row, and the team's name is now synonymous with losers despite them being one of the greatest pro gridiron teams of all time. As a lifetime Bills fan who used to live 1km away from their stadium (and my school bus used to drive past it every day), "wide right" was one of the saddest days of my life..... :(

Boki Ar

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57300
^ Yes, exactly like that. ^ :thumbs:

I would like to share with You, here, some news. In mid-December 2016, the media reported that SRB can replace a driver's license in Germany for their. But from "first hand" i learned that in Germany have no regulation about it.

Example is here.

"Good news and blah, blah". But... ;) Yesterday afternoon came the news that statement have been signed, and that 's everything will be OK. :cool: You can see story here. I hope that this will come into effect. My son would mean a lot.

Warm greetings to all who read this! :cool:

Boki Ar

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57300
SRB "dance scene" 15 years ago

Proof that girls can be pretty without silicone... :cool:

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Sure, but can they play?

Uwe:can they play? hmm.......... that's not "playing" - this is playing (they ain't as pretty, but that's not the point when you're listening to music):

Don

Back