Observations about functionality and user interface of VCDS Mobile HEX-NET

BinsuJiro

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=63476
The following was from an email exchange I have been having with Andy Smith. It started over the issue of not being able to clear DTCs and about how to do a readiness test on my vehicles.

For the purposes of engaging in a quality diagnosis of a vehicle it is my belief that I should be able to clear all DTCs current and pending, that the DTCs curren and pending should print as a complete list to the user's device screen and not to a file that needs to be loaded. The issue is the lack of responsive design and a user interface that is less than satisfactory. I received no reply to the following text, but feel that all of the issues touched upon are important.

I look forward to reading the comments and observations of other users, the designers and developers. As a graphic designer, I have little tolerance for poor visual design and user interfaces that are less than useful and present roadblocks to user satisfaction.

Unlike the old USB HEX-NET running on a windoze pee cee, viewing Pending and Current DTCs is not easy and straight forward. Calling for either of these does not open a widow with the information.

There is no logical reason for the VCDS MOBILE HEX-NET to not be able to immediately open a window with the information requested.

The user interface is not responsive and does not adapt to different size windows reliably. Responsive design for iPhones, iPads and the iSO devices is standard practice and should have been incorporated in the VCDS MOBILE HEX-NET user interface.

I cannot remember because I did not specifically test for this, but my recollection is that your iSO application does not have screen rotation capability. If I am wrong about this, I apologize.

I spent well over 30 minutes and a substantial amount of fuel trying to figure out how to conduct a Readiness Test with the VCDS MOBILE HEX-NET connected to my network in infrastructure mode to my iOS device. I finally gave up after the fuel got so low that I will need to fill up before I can get to work tomorrow.

The only productive part of todays diagnostic experience was that I was able to clear DTC’s. There is no longer a Left Engine Mount solenoid issue, but since I was not able to output a list of PENDING and CURRENT DTCs the information gathered is deficient for quality diagnosis.

This is unacceptable for a device as expensive as the VCDS MOBILE HEX-NET is and in light of all of the advances in computing and technology. The automotive industry needs to realize that we are well into the 21st Century, and user friendliness is almost as important as the underlying diagnostic functionality of your device.

There is no question that PENDING and CURRENT DTCs should be printed to the screen in a window immediately when called by a choice the user makes. There is no legitimate reason to have them print to a file instead of the screen, or for the list to not be complete for each of the requests.

Subsequent to printing the Pending and Current DTCs, a call by the user to delete all DTCs should yield a print to screen of a declaration that all DTCs have been deleted and the user needs to be able to depend on that declaration being 100% true.

Clearly in my case remaining DTCs were being held in the device through multiple attempts at deleting them even though they were no longer valid DTCs. However, the inconsistency in being able to delete these DTCs leads the user to doubt the accuracy of results and the dependability of the diagnostic information gathered.

No one should have to struggle with a user interface that does not conform to the dimensions of ALL iOS devices being used, and if the applications that your device feeds information to cannot display a full line of data and there is no ability to scroll to see the balance of a line of data, the user interface needs to be redesigned to comply with current responsive design standards. Web hosting services are now demanding that new sites be responsive and other internet services are starting to require responsive design also. Sites that are not responsive are treated with a lower level of service.

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Moved to HEX-NET Beta Support.

-Uwe-

Dutchie

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=125479
Not to be an ass, but you know it is still a Beta product, and thus in development?

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
For the purposes of engaging in a quality diagnosis of a vehicle it is my belief that I should be able to clear all DTCs current and pending, that the DTCs curren and pending should print as a complete list to the user's device screen and not to a file that needs to be loaded.
I'm not aware of any workflow in VCDS Mobile where you're forced to save DTCs to a file before they're displayed on screen. May I ask what exact steps you're following?

The user interface is not responsive and does not adapt to different size windows reliably. Responsive design for iPhones, iPads and the iSO devices is standard practice and should have been incorporated in the VCDS MOBILE HEX-NET user interface.

I cannot remember because I did not specifically test for this, but my recollection is that your iSO application does not have screen rotation capability. If I am wrong about this, I apologize.
The main challenge here is that regular VCDS scan data isn't what you'd call "responsive design friendly". Auto-Scans, faults, and other returned data are shown largely the same way VCDS Desktop shows it, in a text-based format that's become sort of a defacto standard well-known and well-understood by users in the field for over 15 years now. It doesn't lend itself to word-wrapping, or to use of proportional fonts. At readable font sizes, side-scrolling will be unavoidable at times. That's not to say Ross-Tech couldn't also provide data in a prettier format later, but the text form is how things start during the Beta, and I'm guessing it would always exist for expert users.

VCDS Mobile is a simple web service and has no problems being rotated in a normal web browser. I'm not sure if the iOS VCDS Mobile helper app (which is just a tool to figure out HEX-NET's IP and then open an embedded browser for you) has any additional restrictions; I myself use Android.

I spent well over 30 minutes and a substantial amount of fuel trying to figure out how to conduct a Readiness Test with the VCDS MOBILE HEX-NET connected to my network in infrastructure mode to my iOS device. I finally gave up after the fuel got so low that I will need to fill up before I can get to work tomorrow.
There's nothing stopping you from setting readiness using VCDS Mobile, if you're willing to manually follow the instructions VW provides step-by-step. However, there are automatically scripted readiness procedures in VCDS Desktop which are much easier, particularly for new users, which haven't yet been implemented in VCDS Mobile. You can still use VCDS Desktop with HEX-NET though.

You should be aware that some ECUs have minimum and maximum fuel levels for running the EVAP purge and EVAP LDP tests. So, you may not be successful in fully setting readiness if your tank is completely full or (as in your case) nearly empty. Thirty minutes at idle won't use very much fuel at all, in the scheme of things, so you didn't start out with very much.

Web hosting services are now demanding that new sites be responsive and other internet services are starting to require responsive design also. Sites that are not responsive are treated with a lower level of service.
It's true that Google has recently started using mobile-friendly design as a metric for search rankings, but that has no relevance to tools like VCDS Mobile, just like it's not relevant to the built-in webserver on a network-connected printer, or other such IoT devices. I assure you there are no Internet Fashion Police going around disconnecting out-of-style sites or devices from the Internet.

The Mobile UI certainly has room to improve. I just wanted to give you some background on why certain aspects of Mobile are the way they are, at least for now.

Jason

Last edited:

BinsuJiro

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=63476
Just trying to nudge the developers to a more user friendly interface

Not to be an ass, but you know it is still a Beta product, and thus in development?

I'm just trying to nudge the developers into a more user friendly user interface. While I'm not a software developer, I am a graphic designer working on among other things web development and design.

Criticism is a way to give feedback which I always hope will contribute to the betterment of a product, a software application, etc.

In my web design work, I am faced with old sites that are not responsive that I have designed before responsiveness became a standard practice. These sites are very difficult to update, because clients see a finished site and don't want to pay for new technology. But, to make those sites responsive in order to comply with new restrictions imposed by hosting services and search companies like Google is virtually a complete redesign.

VCDS Mobile is still in development, and the potential to make the user interface dynamic and responsive at this stage is easier than after development is completed. VCDS Mobile could be a pioneer in the automotive industry's software offerings.

It is partly in this vein that I made my remarks.

BinsuJiro

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=63476
jyoung8607,

I will be happy to expand one the items you asked about later in the weekend. I'm off to the New York Air Show now at Stewart International Airport.

BinsuJiro

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=63476
I'm not aware of any workflow in VCDS Mobile where you're forced to save DTCs to a file before they're displayed on screen. May I ask what exact steps you're following?

I usually run a diagnostic test/scan on my vehicles [todays scan is appended at the end of my comments for a 2008 A6 3.2L Quattro], I save the results to memory, try to move to the main screen, BUT VCSD MOBILE logs me out of the current session requiring me to log back into a new session.

However, the DTCs should be stored in the vehicles ECU memory, so a call for the current and pending DTCs should recall that data from the vehicle's ECU and print it to file.

IT DOES NOT PRINT IT TO THE SCREEN OR TO A FILE. VCDS MOBILE just returns the message that no error codes were found. THIS IS PURE BOLOGNA!

A review of the test/scan performed today on the vehicle clearly shows the presence of a number of DTCs that VCDS MOBILE does not read or print to the screen. This is unacceptable.

It is also unacceptable that the iOS application does not scale to the screen of Apple iPad or iPhone iOS devices. I stand corrected on the screen rotation, but am correct in stating that the data does not scale to the screen as most iOS applications do when displaying information.

Since you have exclaimed that you are using a basic browser as a shell application for VCDS MOBILE to run in there should be no problem to have the data scale to the screen size in both landscape and portrait configurations. There exists simple Cascading Style Sheet formulas for accomplishing that needed functionality. And, remember Ross-Tech has committed to development for ALL iOS devices.

The main challenge here is that regular VCDS scan data isn't what you'd call "responsive design friendly". Auto-Scans, faults, and other returned data are shown largely the same way VCDS Desktop shows it, in a text-based format that's become sort of a defacto standard well-known and well-understood by users in the field for over 15 years now. It doesn't lend itself to word-wrapping, or to use of proportional fonts. At readable font sizes, side-scrolling will be unavoidable at times. That's not to say Ross-Tech couldn't also provide data in a prettier format later, but the text form is how things start during the Beta, and I'm guessing it would always exist for expert users.

While VCSD scan-data, fault codes and other return data has "become sort of a defacto standard well-known and well-understood by users in the field for over 15 years now." it does not justify continuing to remain in the format that has been used for 15 years. Things do change, and pretty is not anywhere near what I meant. I meant more functional to the user with the same level of functionality on ALL iOS devices, and while you're at it, functional on Mac OS X since it is based on a similar UNIX sub-system as windoze.

There's nothing stopping you from setting readiness using VCDS Mobile, if you're willing to manually follow the instructions VW provides step-by-step. However, there are automatically scripted readiness procedures in VCDS Desktop which are much easier, particularly for new users, which haven't yet been implemented in VCDS Mobile. You can still use VCDS Desktop with HEX-NET though.

I am not willing to follow VW's step-by-step instructions for manually setting readiness, after having used the automatically scripted readiness procedures in VCDS Desktop on my windoze pee cee that I purchased used a number of years ago just for VCDS Desktop. But, it is now too old and too tired to use, and since I run a completely Mac network, I'm not willing to waste my time or money on another windoze machine. That was why I purchased VCDS MOBILE.

Readiness testing and setup is a necessary function given the ridiculous emissions testing done by many states which rely on the diagnostic output without an actual reading of exhaust gas output at the tail pipe. I am convinced that many vehicles that might fail the fully computerized testing via OBDII, might pass a measurement of exhaust gas output from the tailpipe.

Readiness testing and setup should have been at the top of the list for inclusion in VCDS MOBILE from the very start.

Computerization is great except when government agencies use it to control people. OBDII makes it easy for states to invade what I believe should be private, and may not provide a pass on a vehicle when a direct tailpipe reading might. This is not to say that it isn't useful to diagnose a pending problem, if indeed one were able to obtain DTCs from a vehicle via VCDS MOBILE...I have not as yet been able to obtain even known existing DTCs from the vehicle. let alone Pending DTCs using VCDS MOBILE.

This like Readiness testing and setup, is also a basic function that should be expected from EVEN A BETA release of VCDS MOBILE.

Finally the text that follows was how VCDS MOBILE passed testing data to my email account. My first attempt to email the data to my account so that I could print it on paper yielded a file name which was useless to me since no actual file was linked to it. The following result was a copy and paste into my email client on my iPhone [which behaves the same as my desktop machine and my iPad]. I dare say that the formatting of the data is relatively useless. Somewhere in that mess are a number of DTCs which I cannot access from vehicle memory via VCDS MOBILE.

NOTE: In a previous iteration of VCDS software a copy and paste yielded delimited data, but today before the VCDS MOBILE device allowed a scan of my vehicle I was notified that several updates were available and guided to download and install them.

NOTE: I did not use the Auto Detect Gateway feature since a previous message from Mr. Smith suggested further testing from the list of available profiles.

#hndoc:?docid=000022A1&xt=hnh:B823946C817C9F0A1672FEB80F6E6F39F8923B0C2A2D4FE924ABC1673ABD65D7 VCDS Mobile 0.4323.0.4 VIN: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Chassis Type:4F or FB Scan: 01 02 03 05 06 07 08 09 0E 0F 11 13 15 16 17 18 19 1E 20 28 34 36 37 3D 42 46 47 4C 4F 52 53 55 56 57 5F 61 62 65 67 69 6D 72 76 77 VIN: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ----------------------------------------------------------------- Address 01: Engine Labels: None Part No SW: 4F2 910 559 H HW: 4F1907559E Component: 3.2l V6 FSI 0040 Revision: --H21--- Serial Number: Coding: 01050109190F0120 Shop #: WSC 08213 444 195013 VCID: 312586C7F0DB4A6B27ED1F5F63-8064 1 Fault Found: 005491 - Left Engine Mount Solenoid Valve (N144) P1573 - 009 - Open Circuit Freeze Frame: Fault Status: 00100100 Fault Priority: 2 Fault Frequency: 10 Reset Counter: 40 Mileage: 248205 km Time Indication: 0 Date: 2016.08.31 Time: 17:40:24 RPM: 2176 /min Mass Air / Rev.: 147.2 mg/str Temperature: 88.5°C : Part Throttle Load: 26.3 Speed: 17.0 km/h ----------------------------------------------------------------- Address 02: Auto Trans Labels: 4F-02.lbl Part No SW: 4F5 910 156 HW: 09L927156C Component: AG6 09L 3.2 FSI USA 0010 Revision: --H04--- Serial Number: 4409707 Coding: 0000002 Shop #: WSC 02325 785 00200 VCID: E58DA297749356CB8BF5DBAF47-80B0 No fault codes found. ----------------------------------------------------------------- Address 03: ABS Brakes Labels: 4F0-910-517.lbl Part No SW: 4F0 910 517 AD HW: 4F0614517AA Component: ESP8 quattro H01 0070 Revision: 00000000 Serial Number: 00000000000000 Coding: 0020895 Shop #: WSC 02325 785 00200 VCID: 668F259B0995DDD302FF64DBD2-8033 No fault codes found. ----------------------------------------------------------------- Address 05: Acc/Start Auth. Labels: 4F0-910-852.clb Part No SW: 4F0 910 852 A HW: 4F0907335 Component: FBSAUDIC6 ELVSG H01 0040 Revision: 09010701 Serial Number: 10601600968241 Coding: 0000007 Shop #: WSC 02323 785 00200 VCID: 240B7F93BF29EFC3DC6B8EA334-8071 Subsystem 1 - Part No SW: 4F0-910-131-L Component: FBSAUDIC6 EZS H46 0080 Subsystem 2 - Part No SW: 4F0-910-335 Component: FBSAUDIC6 KSG H27 0080 2 Faults Found: 01176 - Key 004 - No Signal/Communication - Intermittent Freeze Frame: Fault Status: 00110100 Fault Priority: 2 Fault Frequency: 1 Reset Counter: 93 Mileage: 229727 km Time Indication: 0 Date: 2016.03.16 Time: 09:09:53 02072 - Control Module for Energy Management (J644) 004 - No Signal/Communication - Intermittent Freeze Frame: Fault Status: 00100100 Fault Priority: 2 Fault Frequency: 1 Reset Counter: 246 Mileage: 247275 km Time Indication: 0 Date: 2016.08.13 Time: 10:27:24 ----------------------------------------------------------------- Address 07: Control Head Labels: 4F0-910-7xx-07-H.clb Part No SW: 4F0 910 732 D HW: 4F1919611N Component: Interfacebox H43 4140 Revision: 00000000 Serial Number: 361AQ087519661 Coding: 0000003 Shop #: WSC 02335 785 00200 VCID: 240B7F93BF29EFC3DC6B8EA334-8071 Subsystem 1 - Part No SW: 4F0-910-609-E Component: Bedienteil MMIC6H01 0060 Serial Number: 00000000959202 No fault codes found. ----------------------------------------------------------------- Address 08: Auto HVAC Labels: 4F0-910-043.clb Part No SW: 4F0 910 043 A HW: 4F1820043AG Component: KLIMABETAETIGUNGH30 0020 Revision: 00000053 Serial Number: 00000030315871 Coding: 0524326 Shop #: WSC 02325 785 00200 VCID: 1C7B47738759D703641B36438C-8049 3 Faults Found: 00256 - A/C Pressure/Temperature Sensor (G395) 004 - No Signal/Communication - Intermittent Freeze Frame: Fault Status: 00100100 Fault Priority: 3 Fault Frequency: 2 Reset Counter: 22 Mileage: 248206 km Time Indication: 0 Date: 2016.09.01 Time: 06:39:04 02071 - Local Databus 012 - Electrical Fault in Circuit Freeze Frame: Fault Status: 01101100 Fault Priority: 3 Fault Frequency: 1 Reset Counter: 93 Mileage: 241823 km Time Indication: 0 Date: 2016.06.29 Time: 12:03:16 01844 - Control Module for Fresh Air Blower (J126) 008 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent Freeze Frame: Fault Status: 00101000 Fault Priority: 3 Fault Frequency: 1 Reset Counter: 14 Mileage: 247944 km Time Indication: 0 Date: 2016.08.30 Time: 06:09:53 Temperature: 19.0°C Speed: 74.0 km/h (no units): 27.0 (no units): 114.0 ----------------------------------------------------------------- Address 09: Cent. Elect. Labels: 4F0-910-279.lbl Part No SW: 4F0 910 279 J HW: 4E0955559E Component: ILM Fahrer H18 0250 Revision: 00000000 Serial Number: 4F0907279 Coding: 0113123 Shop #: WSC 02335 785 00200 VCID: 302383C3FBD1436328E3125390-8065 Subsystem 1 - Part No SW: 4F1-910-113-C Labels: 1Kx-955-119.clb Component: Wischer AudiC6 H05 0210 Coding: 0064784 Subsystem 2 - Part No SW: 4E0-910-557-B Labels: 8K0-955-559.clb Component: REGENLICHTSENSORH13 0100 Coding: 0146221 No fault codes found. ----------------------------------------------------------------- Address 0E: Media Player 1 Labels: 4E0-910-111.lbl Part No SW: 4E0 910 110 C HW: 4E0035110A Component: MP3-Changer H46 0350 Revision: 00046007 Serial Number: AUZ5ZBG3524659 Shop #: WSC 00000 000 00000 VCID: 18735B637361BB2340F30A33D8-804D No fault codes found. ----------------------------------------------------------------- Address 0F: Digital Radio Labels: 4E0-910-593-SIR.lbl Part No SW: 4E0 910 593 K HW: 4E0035593F Component: SDAR SIRIUS H07 0140 Revision: 00000000 Serial Number: AUZ4Z7G0232398 Coding: 0000100 Shop #: WSC 00000 000 00000 VCID: 2F2180BFE6EF5C9B31D9092785-807A 1 Fault Found: 02635 - Tuner Not Enabled/Activated 000 - - Freeze Frame: Fault Status: 01100000 Fault Priority: 7 Fault Frequency: 13 Reset Counter: 174 Mileage: 245959 km Time Indication: 0 Date: 2016.07.31 Time: 06:37:20 ----------------------------------------------------------------- Address 15: Airbags Labels: 4F0-910-655-8R.clb Part No SW: 4F0 910 655 F HW: 4F0959339B Component: 6N AIRBAG AUDI8RH30 0300 Revision: 15H30000 Serial Number: 00359D0GB9XD Coding: 0013902 Shop #: WSC 02325 785 00200 VCID: 2A1791ABDD0D39B3E6A7D0EBC6-807F Subsystem 1 - Part No SW: 4F0-910-339-B Component: BF-Gewichtsens. H03 0060 Serial Number: 6332CSME37334135X Subsystem 2 - Serial Number: 6342CSME34332E1F7 Subsystem 3 - Serial Number: 6352QSME4932162DH Subsystem 4 - Serial Number: 6362QSME4B741B2DV Subsystem 5 - Serial Number: 63734SME4C074A0D8 Subsystem 6 - Serial Number: 63834SME4C123367/ 1 Fault Found: 02095 - Component Protection Active 000 - - - Intermittent ----------------------------------------------------------------- Address 16: Steering wheel Labels: 4F0-910-549.lbl Part No SW: 4F0 910 549 A HW: 4F0953549D Component: J0527 0410 Revision: 00H03000 Serial Number: 90055073550173 Coding: 0012041 Shop #: WSC 02323 785 00200 VCID: 2711689FCE1F04DBF989B1C71D-8072 Subsystem 1 - Part No SW: XXX-XXX-XXX-XX Component: E0221 H02 0030 1 Fault Found: 02072 - Control Module for Energy Management (J644) 004 - No Signal/Communication - Intermittent Freeze Frame: Fault Status: 00100100 Fault Priority: 4 Fault Frequency: 1 Reset Counter: 246 Mileage: 247275 km Time Indication: 0 Date: 2016.08.13 Time: 10:27:25 ----------------------------------------------------------------- Address 17: Instruments Labels: None Part No SW: 4F0 910 900 C HW: 4F0920951A Component: KOMBIINSTR. M73 H16 0240 Revision: 00200000 Serial Number: 64871L618 Coding: 2129288 Shop #: WSC 10939 002 1048576 VCID: 20037383AB31F3E3B843629340-8075 No fault codes found. ----------------------------------------------------------------- Address 19: CAN Gateway Labels: 4L0-910-468.clb Part No SW: 4L0 910 468 A HW: 4L0907468B Component: J533__Gateway H06 0060 Revision: 00H06000 Serial Number: 1100B07C2980D4 Coding: F5D5DE77707A0600 Shop #: WSC 08213 444 10341 VCID: 2D1D9AB7ECE32E8B03C5F30FAF-8078 1 Fault Found: 02072 - Control Module for Energy Management (J644) 004 - No Signal/Communication - Intermittent Freeze Frame: Fault Status: 00100100 Fault Priority: 2 Fault Frequency: 1 Reset Counter: 246 Mileage: 247275 km Time Indication: 0 Date: 2016.08.13 Time: 10:27:26 ----------------------------------------------------------------- Address 1E: Media Player 2 (R199) Labels: 4E0-035-785.lbl Part No SW: 4E0 035 785 F HW: 4E0 035 785 C Component: SG ext.Player H20 0850 Revision: 00000000 Coding: 010000 Shop #: WSC 00000 000 00000 VCID: 2B1994AFD2F7A0BB1DB1DD17D1-807E No fault codes found. ----------------------------------------------------------------- Address 36: Seat Mem. Drvr Labels: None Part No SW: 4F0 910 760 HW: 4F0959760 Component: Sitzmemory FS H04 0050 Revision: 00000000 Serial Number: 00000000896400 Coding: 0082954 Shop #: WSC 02335 785 00200 VCID: E185B68760BB3AEB77CDAF9F93-80B4 3 Faults Found: 02072 - Control Module for Energy Management (J644) 004 - No Signal/Communication - Intermittent Freeze Frame: Fault Status: 00100100 Fault Priority: 6 Fault Frequency: 1 Reset Counter: 246 Mileage: 247272 km Time Indication: 0 Date: 2016.08.13 Time: 10:27:27 01448 - Sensor for Driver Seat; Tilt Adjust (G232) 005 - No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation - Intermittent Freeze Frame: Fault Status: 00100101 Fault Priority: 4 Fault Frequency: 1 Reset Counter: 17 Mileage: 0 km Time Indication: 0 Date: 2008.01.01 Time: 00:00:00 00003 - Control Module 005 - No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation - Intermittent Freeze Frame: Fault Status: 00100101 Fault Priority: 2 Fault Frequency: 1 Reset Counter: 40 Mileage: 0 km Time Indication: 0 Date: 2008.01.01 Time: 00:00:00 ----------------------------------------------------------------- Address 37: Navigation Labels: 4E0-910-88x-37.lbl Part No SW: 4E0 910 888 M HW: 4E0919887D Component: MNS US H48 1100 Revision: 00000000 Serial Number: 313HZ077525886 Shop #: WSC 08213 444 75013 VCID: 3833BBE313A19B2360336AB338-806D 1 Fault Found: 02445 - Disk Drive Initialization Error 000 - - - Intermittent Freeze Frame: Fault Status: 00100000 Fault Priority: 3 Fault Frequency: 1 Reset Counter: 0 Mileage: 232082 km Time Indication: 0 Date: 2016.04.19 Time: 08:20:53 Hex Value: 0x5715 Hex Value: 0xEA65 Hex Value: 0x288D Hex Value: 0x0000 ----------------------------------------------------------------- Address 42: Door Elect, Driver Labels: 4F0-910-793-42.lbl Part No SW: 4F0 910 793 E HW: 4F0959793E Component: TSG FA H12 0210 Revision: 00000000 Serial Number: ƒ7 Coding: 0051947 Shop #: WSC 02327 785 00200 VCID: 2C1B97B3D7F9278314BBE603DC-8079 1 Fault Found: 02072 - Control Module for Energy Management (J644) 004 - No Signal/Communication - Intermittent Freeze Frame: Fault Status: 00100100 Fault Priority: 4 Fault Frequency: 2 Reset Counter: 246 Mileage: 247275 km Time Indication: 0 Date: 2016.08.13 Time: 10:27:27 ----------------------------------------------------------------- Address 46: Central Conv. Labels: 4F0-910-289.lbl Part No SW: 4F0 910 289 J HW: 4F0907289J Component: Komfortgeraet H26 0210 Revision: 02100026 Serial Number: 01090183420000 Coding: 4618269 Shop #: WSC 02335 785 00200 VCID: 312586C7F0DB4A6B27ED1F5F63-8064 Subsystem 1 - Part No SW: 1K0-951-605-C Component: LIN BACKUP HORN H03 1301 1 Fault Found: 02072 - Control Module for Energy Management (J644) 004 - No Signal/Communication - Intermittent Freeze Frame: Fault Status: 00100100 Fault Priority: 5 Fault Frequency: 2 Reset Counter: 246 Mileage: 247275 km Time Indication: 0 Date: 2016.08.13 Time: 10:27:25 ----------------------------------------------------------------- Address 47: Sound System Labels: 4F0-910-223-BO.lbl Part No SW: 4F0 910 223 J HW: 4F0035223G Component: DSP-High C6 H10 0240 Revision: PROD_01 Serial Number: 00000000066837 Coding: 0000026 Shop #: WSC 02323 785 00200 VCID: 250D6297B41316CBCB759BAF07-8070 No fault codes found. ----------------------------------------------------------------- Address 4F: Centr. Electr. II Labels: 4F0-910-280.lbl Part No SW: 4F0 910 280 HW: 4F0907280C Component: ILM Beifahrer H12 0100 Revision: Serial Number: 00000000047694 Coding: 0002014 Shop #: WSC 02323 785 00200 VCID: DEFF8D7B51C505134AAF8C7BAA-808B 1 Fault Found: 02072 - Control Module for Energy Management (J644) 004 - No Signal/Communication - Intermittent Freeze Frame: Fault Status: 00100100 Fault Priority: 3 Fault Frequency: 1 Reset Counter: 246 Mileage: 0 km Time Indication: 0 Voltage: 12.500 V Temperature: 77.0°C ----------------------------------------------------------------- Address 52: Door Elect, Pass. Labels: 4F0-910-793-52.lbl Part No SW: 4F0 910 793 E HW: 4F0959792E Component: TSG BF H12 0210 Revision: 00000000 Serial Number: P9 Coding: 0051947 Shop #: WSC 02327 785 00200 VCID: 2C1B97B3D7F9278314BBE603DC-8079 1 Fault Found: 02072 - Control Module for Energy Management (J644) 004 - No Signal/Communication - Intermittent Freeze Frame: Fault Status: 00100100 Fault Priority: 4 Fault Frequency: 2 Reset Counter: 246 Mileage: 247275 km Time Indication: 0 Date: 2016.08.13 Time: 10:27:26 ----------------------------------------------------------------- Address 53: Parking Brake Labels: 4F0-910-801.clb Part No SW: 4F0 910 801 C HW: 4F0907801A Component: EPB CDEC0080 H04 0080 Revision: --H04--- Coding: 0005022 Shop #: WSC 02145 785 00200 VCID: 20037383AB31F3E3B843629340-8075 No fault codes found. ----------------------------------------------------------------- Address 55: Xenon Range Labels: 4F0-910-357.lbl Part No SW: 4F0 910 357 F HW: 4F0907357F Component: AFS 1 H01 0020 Revision: 00000001 Serial Number: Coding: 0000016 Shop #: WSC 02325 785 00200 VCID: 29156EA7D80B32ABEF9DC7FFFB-807C Subsystem 1 - Part No SW: 4F0-941-329-D Labels: 3D0-941-329.clb Component: AFS-Modul links H01 0010 Subsystem 2 - Part No SW: 4F0-941-329-D Labels: 3D0-941-329.clb Component: AFS-Modul rechtsH01 0010 1 Fault Found: 02627 - Dynamic Cornering Light Motor; Left (V318) 010 - Open or Short to Plus - MIL ON Freeze Frame: Fault Status: 11101010 Fault Priority: 2 Fault Frequency: 254 Reset Counter: 238 Mileage: 211384 km Time Indication: 0 Date: 2015.08.12 Time: 16:27:57 ----------------------------------------------------------------- Address 56: Radio Labels: 4E0-910-541.lbl Part No SW: 4E0 910 541 Q HW: 4F0035541L Component: TUNER EU/US/RDW H42 0620 Revision: 00000000 Serial Number: 394AZ087849910 Coding: 0000002 Shop #: WSC 02323 785 00200 VCID: 2E1F9DBBE1E555933ACFFC3BBA-807B No fault codes found. ----------------------------------------------------------------- Address 61: Battery Regul. Labels: 4F0-910-181.lbl Part No SW: 4F0 910 181 F HW: 4F0915181B Component: J0644 BEM H12 0760 Revision: 00000000 Serial Number: 00000000060909 Coding: 0000000 Shop #: WSC 58730 000 1048576 VCID: 240B7F93BF29EFC3DC6B8EA334-8071 Subsystem 1 - Part No SW: 4F0-915-105-D Component: von VA0 1234567890 5 Faults Found: 02272 - Quiescent Current Stage 1 000 - - - Intermittent Freeze Frame: Fault Status: 00100000 Fault Priority: 7 Fault Frequency: 64 Mileage: 215790 km Time Indication: 0 Date: 2015.10.30 Time: 17:20:22 02273 - Quiescent Current Stage 2 000 - - - Intermittent Freeze Frame: Fault Status: 00100000 Fault Priority: 7 Fault Frequency: 41 Mileage: 218254 km Time Indication: 0 Date: 2015.11.18 Time: 01:40:11 02276 - Quiescent Current Stage 5 000 - - - Intermittent Freeze Frame: Fault Status: 00100000 Fault Priority: 7 Fault Frequency: 36 Mileage: 218254 km Time Indication: 0 Date: 2015.11.18 Time: 01:40:21 02274 - Quiescent Current Stage 3 000 - - - Intermittent Freeze Frame: Fault Status: 00100000 Fault Priority: 7 Fault Frequency: 30 Mileage: 218254 km Time Indication: 0 Date: 2015.11.18 Time: 01:40:30 02277 - Quiescent Current Stage 6 000 - - - Intermittent </pr Freeze Frame: Fault Status: 00100000 Fault Priority: 7 Fault Frequency: 19 Mileage: 231572 km Time Indication: 0 Date: 2016.04.10 Time: 02:01:39 ----------------------------------------------------------------- Address 62: Door, Rear Left Labels: 4F0-910-795.lbl Part No SW: 4F0 910 795 E HW: 4F0959795E Component: TSG HL H21 0210 Coding: 0051754 Shop #: WSC 02327 785 00200 VCID: 2E1F9DBBE1E555933ACFFC3BBA-807B 1 Fault Found: 02072 - Control Module for Energy Management (J644) 004 - No Signal/Communication - Intermittent Freeze Frame: Fault Status: 00100100 Fault Priority: 4 Fault Frequency: 2 Reset Counter: 246 Mileage: 247275 km Time Indication: 0 Date: 2016.08.13 Time: 10:27:26 ----------------------------------------------------------------- Address 65: Tire Pressure Labels: 4F0-910-273-BA.lbl Part No SW: 4F0 910 273 B HW: 4F0907273A Component: Reifendruck 3 H05 0100 Revision: 00050100 Serial Number: 00000600061746 Coding: 0062221 Shop #: WSC 02335 785 00200 VCID: 2207798BA53DE1F3AE57788B5E-8077 No fault codes found. ----------------------------------------------------------------- Address 67: Voice Control Labels: 4E0-910-75x-67.lbl Part No SW: 4E0 910 754 Q HW: 4E0035753A Component: SDS 3501 US H46 0630 Revision: 00000000 Serial Number: 00000801070246 Shop #: WSC 12336 024 394758 VCID: 342B8FD30FC97F434C0B3E6344-8061 No fault codes found. ----------------------------------------------------------------- Address 72: Door, Rear Right Labels: 4F0-910-795.lbl Part No SW: 4F0 910 795 E HW: 4F0959794E Component: TSG HR H21 0210 Coding: 0051754 Shop #: WSC 02327 785 00200 VCID: 2E1F9DBBE1E555933ACFFC3BBA-807B 1 Fault Found: 02072 - Control Module for Energy Management (J644) 004 - No Signal/Communication - Intermittent Freeze Frame: Fault Status: 00100100 Fault Priority: 4 Fault Frequency: 2 Reset Counter: 246 Mileage: 247275 km Time Indication: 0 Date: 2016.08.13 Time: 10:27:27 ----------------------------------------------------------------- Address 76: Park Assist Labels: 4Fx-910-283.lbl Part No SW: 4F0 910 283 F HW: 4F0919283F Component: Parkhilfe 4-Kan H09 0060 Revision: 00H09000 Serial Number: 06230800903993 Coding: 0021206 Shop #: WSC 131071 1023 2097151 VCID: 2711689FCE1F04DBF989B1C71D-8072 No fault codes found. ----------------------------------------------------------------- Address 77: Telephone Labels: 4E0-910-336.lbl Part No SW: 4F0 910 336 E HW: 4E0862335 Component: Handyvorb2 H18 0950 Revision: 00000000 Serial Number: 00000005020299 Coding: 0010900 Shop #: WSC 02335 785 00200 VCID: 250D6297B41316CBCB759BAF07-8070 No fault codes found.

romad

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208765
I am not willing to follow VW's step-by-step instructions for manually setting readiness, after having used the automatically scripted readiness procedures in VCDS Desktop on my windoze pee cee that I purchased used a number of years ago just for VCDS Desktop. But, it is now too old and too tired to use, and since I run a completely Mac network, I'm not willing to waste my time or money on another windoze machine. That was why I purchased VCDS MOBILE.

Do you still have the Windows install disk from that PC? If so, the answer is simple: Run Boot Camp on your Mac, install Windows and VCDS. Viola! You now have a modern "PC" (and WITHOUT Windows 10!) to use.

BinsuJiro

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=63476
The pee cee was purchased as used and no installation disks came with it, otherwise I would have done this a while ago. But, frankly at present, I have so many design applications and fonts along with investigative files for the forensic work I also do that I don't think at this point I want to devote any space for windoze functionality.

There is no legitimate reason why automotive software developers cannot develop for Mac OS X. As I said before, both Mac OS X and to the best of my knowledge, windoze OS operate over the same or very similar Unix sub-systems.

Last edited:

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
Your VCDS Mobile Auto-Scan, formatting partially restored:
Code:
#hndoc:?docid=000022A1&xt=hnh:B823946C817C9F0A1672FEB80F6E6F39F8923B0C2A2D4FE924ABC1673ABD65D7
VCDS Mobile 0.4323.0.4

VIN: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Chassis Type:4F or FB
Scan: 01 02 03 05 06 07 08 09 0E 0F 11 13 15 16 17 18 19 1E 20 28 34 36 37 3D 42 46 47 4C 4F 52 53 55 56 57 5F 61 62 65 67 69 6D 72 76 77

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Address 01: Engine	Labels: None
	Part No SW: 4F2 910 559 H	HW: 4F1907559E
	Component: 3.2l V6 FSI 0040 Revision: --H21---	
	Serial Number: 
	Coding: 01050109190F0120 
	Shop #: WSC 08213 444 195013 
	VCID: 312586C7F0DB4A6B27ED1F5F63-8064 

1 Fault Found: 005491 - Left Engine Mount Solenoid Valve (N144)
	P1573 - 009 - Open Circuit
	Freeze Frame:
		Fault Status: 00100100
		Fault Priority: 2 
		Fault Frequency: 10 
		Reset Counter: 40 
		Mileage: 248205 km 
		Time Indication: 0 
		Date: 2016.08.31 
		Time: 17:40:24 
		RPM: 2176 /min 
		Mass Air / Rev.: 147.2 mg/str 
		Temperature: 88.5°C 
		Part Throttle Load: 26.3 
		Speed: 17.0 km/h

It started over the issue of not being able to clear DTCs ...

The only productive part of todays diagnostic experience was that I was able to clear DTC’s. There is no longer a Left Engine Mount solenoid issue ...

Clearly in my case remaining DTCs were being held in the device through multiple attempts at deleting them even though they were no longer valid DTCs.

VCDS MOBILE just returns the message that no error codes were found. THIS IS PURE BOLOGNA!

A review of the test/scan performed today on the vehicle clearly shows the presence of a number of DTCs that VCDS MOBILE does not read or print to the screen.

I have spent a good 20 minutes reading and re-reading your posts and I genuinely cannot figure out what functional problem you're complaining of. You state you had a left motor mount solenoid problem, which is indeed shown in your VCDS Mobile Auto-Scan. Per your statements above, you fixed the issue and cleared the code. Then you checked for codes again after you fixed the original issue and cleared the code, and so there were no codes, but you're still expecting to see stored codes in the module...? Codes for what?

If you had this code (which VCDS Mobile saw just fine) and repaired the issue (per your statement above) and then cleared it (per your statement above) why in the world are you still expecting to see it stored in the ECU? If I absolutely had to guess, given your statements around consistency, I'd say you're confusing saved/archived data from the past (accessed through "View Saved Files") with live data from the car (accessed through "Select", "Auto-Scan", or "OBD-II").

While VCSD scan-data, fault codes and other return data has "become sort of a defacto standard well-known and well-understood by users in the field for over 15 years now." it does not justify continuing to remain in the format that has been used for 15 years. Things do change, and pretty is not anywhere near what I meant. I meant more functional to the user with the same level of functionality on ALL iOS devices, and while you're at it, functional on Mac OS X since it is based on a similar UNIX sub-system as windoze.
There are Ross-Tech employees who use Apple devices. And given the above, I don't yet take it as established there's a problem with functionality. I've only ever heard of one Apple-specific (really Safari-specific) problem with VCDS Mobile. You're not anywhere near hitting it, and I'm not even sure it still exists.

Criticism is a way to give feedback which I always hope will contribute to the betterment of a product, a software application, etc.
Standard "jyoung8607 is about to get opinionated" disclaimer: I don't represent Ross-Tech.

You're certainly welcome to state your feelings any way you wish. However, at the moment, you're hopelessly intermixing a technical support issue with presentation style feedback in a way that helps us understand neither. Also, terms like "unacceptable" and "bologna" aren't words you use when you want the listener to take your thoughts and concerns seriously. They're words you use when trying to berate a minimum wage grocery store checkout clerk into accepting an expired coupon for 50 cents off a different product from another store across town.

I can tell you, from personal experience, that Ross-Tech are fantastic at listening to and acting on user feedback. But that feedback has to be understandable and concrete and actionable for them to do anything with it. If you still need help, please use separate threads for technical support needs versus style feedback.

Jason

BinsuJiro

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=63476
Your VCDS Mobile Auto-Scan, formatting partially restored:
Code:
#hndoc:?docid=000022A1&xt=hnh:B823946C817C9F0A1672FEB80F6E6F39F8923B0C2A2D4FE924ABC1673ABD65D7
VCDS Mobile 0.4323.0.4

Chassis Type:4F or FB
Scan: 01 02 03 05 06 07 08 09 0E 0F 11 13 15 16 17 18 19 1E 20 28 34 36 37 3D 42 46 47 4C 4F 52 53 55 56 57 5F 61 62 65 67 69 6D 72 76 77

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Address 01: Engine	Labels: None
	Part No SW: 4F2 910 559 H	HW: 4F1907559E
	Component: 3.2l V6 FSI 0040 Revision: --H21---	
	Serial Number: 
	Coding: 01050109190F0120 
	Shop #: WSC 08213 444 195013 
	VCID: 312586C7F0DB4A6B27ED1F5F63-8064 

1 Fault Found: 005491 - Left Engine Mount Solenoid Valve (N144)
	P1573 - 009 - Open Circuit
	Freeze Frame:
		Fault Status: 00100100
		Fault Priority: 2 
		Fault Frequency: 10 
		Reset Counter: 40 
		Mileage: 248205 km 
		Time Indication: 0 
		Date: 2016.08.31 
		Time: 17:40:24 
		RPM: 2176 /min 
		Mass Air / Rev.: 147.2 mg/str 
		Temperature: 88.5°C 
		Part Throttle Load: 26.3 
		Speed: 17.0 km/h

I have spent a good 20 minutes reading and re-reading your posts and I genuinely cannot figure out what functional problem you're complaining of. You state you had a left motor mount solenoid problem, which is indeed shown in your VCDS Mobile Auto-Scan. Per your statements above, you fixed the issue and cleared the code. Then you checked for codes again after you fixed the original issue and cleared the code, and so there were no codes, but you're still expecting to see stored codes in the module...? Codes for what?Jason

There are a number of other codes for the HVAC System and the Power Management Module. They are documented in the mass of data that was copied. [regarding that...at one point before yesterday's updates, I was able to copy and paste the test/scan data without the data being pasted as one solid block of copy. Yesterday, after the update a copy of the test/scan data yielded the block of copy that I submitted last night]

It is pretty simple, the test/scan results had no delimiters in the text to break the copy into usable blocks for each address. I should not have to do a search and replace to put the needed TABS and CRs in the copy. I don't find that acceptable.

If you had this code (which VCDS Mobile saw just fine) and repaired the issue (per your statement above)

I did not repair the issue. It did not appear in a previous test/scan, so it appeared to be an old code. However, yesterday's test/scan returned that DTC, yet when I ask VCDS MOBILE to list the DTCs, VCSD MOBILE returns "No codes found." Clearly the codes are there. Why can't VCDS MOBILE retrieve them from the vehicle's ECU and print them to the screen. I don't find this acceptable either.

...and then cleared it (per your statement above) why in the world are you still expecting to see it stored in the ECU? If I absolutely had to guess, given your statements around consistency, I'd say you're confusing saved/archived data from the past (accessed through "View Saved Files") with live data from the car (accessed through "Select", "Auto-Scan", or "OBD-II").

I know the difference between live data from the vehicle's ECU via "Select", "Auto-Scan", or "OBD-II" and data from saved files. I've been using HEX-NET USB for a quite a number of years. I am also the IT manager for a small law firm. VCDS MOBILE is not reading clearly present DTCs residing on the vehicle's ECU. The error codes that appear in the mass of data that I sent yesterday were not cleared or repaired, but still do not show up when I try to read DTCs from the OBDII menu item. I also I don't find this acceptable.

There are Ross-Tech employees who use Apple devices. And given the above, I don't yet take it as established there's a problem with functionality.

If I cannot query the vehicle's ECU and generate a list of DTCs then there is a very big problem with functionality. If I cannot run a readiness test/setup, then there is a very big problem with functionality. And regarding these two very basic and necessary functions, I find this unacceptable.

You're certainly welcome to state your feelings any way you wish. However, at the moment, you're hopelessly intermixing a technical support issue with presentation style feedback in a way that helps us understand neither.

I'm sure the people at Ross-Tech are capable of understanding what I am trying to say.

Also, terms like "unacceptable" and "bologna" aren't words you use when you want the listener to take your thoughts and concerns seriously. They're words you use when trying to berate a minimum wage grocery store checkout clerk into accepting an expired coupon for 50 cents off a different product from another store across town.

When a person spends as much as what the unlimited VCDS MOBILE device costs, I believe that person has a right to use the term unacceptable when the device will not read the DTCs in the vehicle's ECU and print them to the client device's screen or when a person finds out that readiness testing/set up is not available when it was before on the VCDS HEX-NET USB. These items seem to me to be a big step down from the previous device.

If these issues will be fixed soon, then that is great. But, they are necessary and should be a high priority.

I can tell you, from personal experience, that Ross-Tech are fantastic at listening to and acting on user feedback. But that feedback has to be understandable and concrete and actionable for them to do anything with it. If you still need help, please use separate threads for technical support needs versus style feedback.
Jason

What I described was understandable and concrete ... DTCs stored in a vehicle's ECU is not retrievable and will not print to the client device's screen, readiness testing and set up is not available and moving out of the OBDII menu logs me out of the session instead of moving out to the previous menu.

But, on a positive note the updates from yesterday added a good number of LABEL descriptions that were not available before. They just need to add back the TABS and Carriage Returns so the data can be copied and pasted in a readable form.

Good night!

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
There are a number of other codes for the HVAC System and the Power Management Module. They are documented in the mass of data that was copied.

VCDS MOBILE is not reading clearly present DTCs residing on the vehicle's ECU. The error codes that appear in the mass of data that I sent yesterday were not cleared or repaired, but still do not show up
when I try to read DTCs from the OBDII menu item.
Important tidbit of info bolded... now this at least makes some damn sense. :D This is why exact steps to reproduce are important.

The generic OBD-II protocol, by design (of SAE/CARB, not Ross-Tech) is just for emissions related diagnostics. If it can flip your engine MIL (Check Engine Light) on, it's in there. If not, it's not in there. Oversimplifying slightly, you'll only see emissions-related codes stored in address 01 (Engine), address 02 (Auto Trans, if equipped), and address 11 (Engine II, if equipped). You're not going to see anything from your HVAC controller, battery management controller, etc. That's true whether you're using VCDS Mobile, or VCDS Desktop, or any other software or hardware device.

In short:

• If you want overall health info and a list of DTCs for the whole car, in one quick step, use an Auto-Scan.
  • If you want to do detailed work with one module specifically, go to Select and then pick the relevant module.
  • If you have a specific need for OBD-II style access, go ahead and use OBD-II, but it's usually not what you'll want when using VCDS on a VW/Audi.

If I cannot query the vehicle's ECU and generate a list of DTCs then there is a very big problem with functionality. If I cannot run a readiness test/setup, then there is a very big problem with functionality.
Mystery solved, I believe, for the first item. As for the second, readiness scripts are on the roadmap as per the VCDS Mobile product page.

... and moving out of the OBDII menu logs me out of the session instead of moving out to the previous menu.
If that's sending you back to a password/login type screen, and it's repeatable, then that would be a bug worth looking at. I'll see if I can replicate that tomorrow.

They just need to add back the TABS and Carriage Returns so the data can be copied and pasted in a readable form.
I'm not sure how they're getting eaten in your copy/paste, but they're most definitely present in the original data. There may be a different way we can have you access/download the scan logs to preserve its formatting. Anyway, let's get into that tomorrow after working through the rest.

Jason

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
There is no legitimate reason why automotive software developers cannot develop for Mac OS X.
Other than the very obvious one that the market for macOS versions is tiny compared to the market for Windows versions.

Whatever the underlying Unix-like commonality between macOS and Windows there will still be a significant amount of extra testing and support required, which I am well prepared to believe the smaller market doesn't justify.

BTW I've been developing software for over 40 years (yes I did start in the 1970's!) in commercial environments, and the ROI has to be an important consideration.

I'm just getting everything together to install Boot Camp and W8.1 on my Macbook Air purely to be able to run VCDS on it...

Reactions: Uwe

romad

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208765
There is no legitimate reason why automotive software developers cannot develop for Mac OS X. As I said before, both Mac OS X and to the best of my knowledge, windoze OS operate over the same or very similar Unix sub-systems.

And how much are you going to invest in that project for R-T? Show us the money!

Oh, I am NOT an employee of R-T, but I DO use MacOS!

PetrolDave: Are you using the public beta of macOS?

Last edited:

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
PetrolDave: Are you using the public beta of macOS?
No, I'm still on OS X as I use my Macbook daily so I can't risk running a beta release, I was just making the point that within a few days it will officially be macOS not OS X.

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
... moving out of the OBDII menu logs me out of the session instead of moving out to the previous menu.
I just tried this on my car, earlier this evening, and I don't see anything amiss. I'm able to carry out various OBD-II functions, hit Go Back, and I'm back at the main menu as expected.

If this is still happening in your environment, I'd really like to see screenshots before/after what you're talking about.

Jason

Reactions: Uwe

romad

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208765
No, I'm still on OS X as I use my Macbook daily so I can't risk running a beta release, I was just making the point that within a few days it will officially be macOS not OS X.

Yep! I'm going to watch Apple's stream of the event today to see when macOS 11 a.k.a. "Sierra" will be released. MacOS Ten is dead. Long live macOS!

I have a mid-2011 MBA with 2GB of RAM and 60GB of storage (36GB free). How does it compare to yours and do you think it is enough for installing BootCamp, Windows, and VCDS?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I have a mid-2011 MBA with 2GB of RAM and 60GB of storage (36GB free). How does it compare to yours and do you think it is enough for installing BootCamp, Windows, and VCDS?
My travel laptop is a MBA of about that vintage, maybe late 2010.. A1369 EMC 2392. 2 GB RAM, but it does have 128 GB storage. It's been bootcamped since day 1. It runs Windows 7 and VCDS very happily.

-Uwe-

BinsuJiro

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=63476
Jason,

Thanks for looking into this issue. Tomorrow [the 8th]I will run some tests to see if this issue is repeatable, and post my results. Vincent

Back