Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Acronyms

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    ASCII and ye shall receive.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

2. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    VKMS?

Something to do with immobiliser.
    I am a VW Freak - Le WV Freaks OR Come visit me at my work with ODIS concerns - FORSS ODIS GeKo/FaZit access for VW/AUDI/Škoda
    The world is my oyster...

VCDS Distributor
    Post Thanks / Like
    I doubt this is correct, but I have this:
    VerbrennungsKraftMaschine
    and S for Sicherheit/Security
    I know long shot..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hadez16 View Post
    Treibstrang-Koordinator.
    So you gave yourself the answer: drivetrain coordination
    Not excactly. "Triebstrang-Koordinator". There is no "Treibstrang" in German...
    Sebastian @ Ross-Tech.com // VCDS Rookie since 2003

»Nichts erweitert das eigene Wissen mehr,
    als die Meinung eines Andersdenkenden.«

6. Likes jyoung8607 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about enshrining " AFS " into the forum's Funk-and-Wagnalls (which I understand to be an American thing) as something like "Advanced Frontlighting System - initials for the cornering light CAN bus"?

And, while thinking about headlight related stuff, how about the inclusion of " FLA " with words like "Main Beam Assist - assistance system which supports the driver when changing from main beam to low beam"

Don
    Last edited by Uwe; 04-18-2019 at 06:42 PM.
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

8. Likes jyoung8607, Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    FCWO and FCWP need defining - see https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...-all-pre-sense

10. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    MIB= Modular Infotainment Platform (somehow) ... guess it's MIB: Modularen Infotainmentbaukasten

12. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Newbie Question: Meaning of Acronym DSL (in 05 ACC/Start Auth. adaptation context)

I know it’s probably a dumb newbie question - I’ve searched the Forum(s) and just haven’t found the meaning of acronym “DSL” as used in the following adaptation lines. I don’t really think it refers to Diesel fuel or Digital subscriber line in this context - likely something else, in German ofcourse. Anybody?

05 Acc/Start Auth. –

ENG129021-ENG103289-internal_passive_entry_exit_byte2-Passive Entry Exit: control by pulling door handle during active DSL

ENG129015-Passive Entry Exit: control by pulling the doorhandle during active DSL_timeout

TW
    2019 Atlas SEL-R FWD

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey TW

After have a look through all the info and Acronyms I have, I cant find anything but your right in saying that the oonly time it apears is in the door locking section.

So Im taking a stab at it and it could be Delayed Self Lock, or it could be something to do with the proximity locking, Distance Safe Lock.

Im still a little unsure on the whole Term "passive" with regards to enty / exit. Can anyone explain that to me?

I hope I helped a little TW.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DiegotheCat View Post
    Hey TW

After have a look through all the info and Acronyms I have, I cant find anything but your right in saying that the oonly time it apears is in the door locking section.

So Im taking a stab at it and it could be Delayed Self Lock, or it could be something to do with the proximity locking, Distance Safe Lock.

Im still a little unsure on the whole Term "passive" with regards to enty / exit. Can anyone explain that to me?

I hope I helped a little TW.
    Thanks DiegotheCat. Good guesses, as good as mine - Door Slam Lock; it might be related to another line in O5 ACC/Start Auth.:

ENG129020-ENG126975-internal_passive_entry_exit_byte1-passive_exit_door_slam_lock

I believe the term Passive, in this context, refers to the locking feature being automatic, but I'm still guessing here to.

TW
    2019 Atlas SEL-R FWD