Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Activating Q5's bumper lights

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so sorry...

For example, the tailgate turn signal and bumper turn signal have the same value 12. The tailgate one works only when tailgate closed, the bumper one works only when tailgate open, and I'm hoping they can work together no matter tailgate open or closed.

When I change the value of fog light to 12, it will work no matter tailgate open or closed, so I think the value is just for the light behavior but not for the working conditions.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    And changing the fog light behavior is just for test...

Post Thanks / Like
    You can try play with bit 6 (xxxx xxxx x?xx xxxx) in the coding - Switch light off when tailgate open: 0 = No, 1 = Yes

It is normally used with the Fog light - I haven't seen it used with the rest of the tail lights - but again, you can try to see if you can get them in sync
    Rene Larsen

Audi A4 Avant 3.0 TDI quattro tiptronic MY2009 - sold
    VCDS 19.6.1
    (HEX-V2)

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thx Rene, I've also found the value of fog light on A4 is 9+64=73, but on Q5 it's just 9. I'll have a try, thx very much~

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Rene, I've tried bit 6 & bit 8 (as we know, bit 5 is for left/right and bit 7 is for brake on/off when rear fog on) by adding 64, 256 or 320 (for both bit 6 & 8), none of them would activate the bumper tail/brake lights or bumper turn signal.
    So my guessing that the configuration is stored in raw EEPROM may be true, unfortunately...
    Thanks all the same, I think I have to give up...
    You can call me ts for short. Sorry for my account with so many numbers and my English...
    Audi SQ5 3.0 TFSI quattro MY2014