Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MK4 bad cluster and cant find and info on how to get pin code from clusters

Post Thanks / Like

MK4 bad cluster and cant find and info on how to get pin code from clusters

I have searched everywhere here and cant find and info.I have an '02 MK4 wagon that has a shorted k line to ground, have determined it is the cluster and i cant communicate with it or any other modules BTW.
    I have a good used cluster with the same exact numbers as my cluster and I have an autoscan log file from vehicle before the cluster took a dive.
    I need some info as to how I can get the PIN codes from clusters and how to program the used cluster to my vehicle with my VCDS.

Could someone here please,please help me with this so it can get vehicle inspected and be done with this issue?
    i have not been able to find this info anywhere.
    Thanks.
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stowburb View Post
    I need some info as to how I can get the PIN codes from clusters and how to program the used cluster to my vehicle with my VCDS.
    The full official line is you have to go to a Dealer.
    The slightly less official line is an Automotive Locksmith may be able to recover your PIN for you.

Anything else tends to fall ouside of VCDS discussion.

3. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can do a data transfer, as long as you prove ownership and receipt of used cluster.
    All equipment must be stock.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stowburb View Post
    I have searched everywhere here and cant find and info.I have an '02 MK4 wagon that has a shorted k line to ground, have determined it is the cluster and i cant communicate with it or any other modules BTW.
    I have a good used cluster with the same exact numbers as my cluster and I have an autoscan log file from vehicle before the cluster took a dive.

Could someone here please,please help me with this so it can get vehicle inspected and be done with this issue?
    i have not been able to find this info anywhere.
    Thanks.
    Chris
    You need to have different tool besides VCDS to get Pin (SKC) form both clusters.
    Since your car has Immobilizer 3 generation , you will need Pin form your cluster and Donor cluster to be able to adopt it.
    Master Technician for German cars
    Immobilizer/ECU
    /Cluster Programing (Used or NEW) and Key Programing
    Mk6 COLOR cluster in Mk5 -CLIK

email : marinmm2001@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Use vag eeprom reader 1.19 to get PIN. it work with VCDS interface.

7. Likes Jack@European_Parts, Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Data transfer requires no pins and limited documentation while taking the stress out of all of it.
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenerdiode View Post
    The full official line is you have to go to a Dealer.
    On a car that old, I don't have much confidence that dealers are able to do it anymore 'cause I've heard so much complaining about ODIS not properly supporting pre Mk.5 cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Data transfer requires no pins and limited documentation while taking the stress out of all of it.
    Sure, but then the car's owner doesn't have the PIN to use in the future -- unless of course you're providing that as part of the service?

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

10. Likes Jetta ,97 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sure, but then the car's owner doesn't have the PIN to use in the future -- unless of course you're providing that as part of the service?

-Uwe-
    I do if they authenticate with the documentation..........
    I give them a choice.........

I even offer to allow the customer to create their own PIN, so VW doesn't know their information on file anymore.

We also offer to shut the Immobilizer function off in the cluster, and in the engine ecu's K line or CAN cars.

This way if a harness or key coil is misdiagnosed.......it doesn't matter.
    This is especially helpful when a part is also no longer available due to being obsolete .

Further verified VCDS customers get a discount.
    Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 08-18-2016 at 10:44 AM.

12. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    How's this OP ..........submit proper documentation through contact form, pay freight, get your PIN data, or the data transfer free for this transaction.

All I ask is you follow up in the thread to state how we do our services.........and legitimately!

It always seems in history when I do this............ it gets the mass solicitors upset.

You have 24 hours to answer, because I only do one totally free transaction a week on average...........usually after a well written hard luck story.

They don't even know it.......... until the money is returned with their purchase.

Jack is crazy........yes? Yes he is.............

14. Likes Zenerdiode, jyoung8607, Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    What ever OP decides to do, i think that offer is awesome Jack

16. Likes Jack@European_Parts, jyoung8607, Uwe liked this post