Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Highline RVC (with module) in MK6 Gti

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1986 View Post
    where would you suggest the problem is if its audio/video but all wires are properly placed and unbroken
    Have you continuity checked (with a DMM) the audio/video wires?

It's not uncommon for screened cables (which I assume at least the video cable is) to have poor/intermittent/faulty connections at the connectors.

2. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ive gone around and tested every wire that has anything to do with it and all reads well. which is why i switched to thinking it had to be a power issue, thinking that the signal was ok but there wasnt enough power to keep it strong

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you are sure that the cables are ok, then its either the module or the camera that is faulty. My best bet is the module

5. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you solve the problem?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not yet. I just received a new cable from Kufatec that fits in a slightly different way. It was either that or buy a new module for $200+ without actually knowing if that was the problem. So Im starting with cheaper possible fixes.
    I'll post when I fit it.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    so! i ordered a new module and a new harness from kufatec a few months back and decided to give it a go again this evening. i plugged everything in before pulling all the panels off, just the check first. it work! i was beaming with joy! so i pull all the panels up, plugged everything in, secured all the wires... and then... it didnt work. i got a step closer though. i put it in reverse and the lines showed up on a black screen. then it switched back to the radio screen and that lovely "rear view camera not presently..." bitch of a message showed up. im at my wits end now. no idea what it could be.
    any fresh ideas?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have investigated this retrofit for my Passat I believe your +12v supply is constant and on my car the accessory sockets are only on with ignition ?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I checked the fuse with the car on and off and its 12v the whole time

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok so it just started working today! maybe it needed a power cycle or something like that.

new problem though! it needs calibrating. i made the VAS tool dotted mat thing myself and did everything in the rosstech instructions but once i put in all the values, i hit a brick wall when it comes to the actual calibration. it says "marking not recognised". im assuming its talking about the VAS tool but im a bit puzzled because theres no point when the camera pops out. so how could it not recognise it if it hasnt even taken a look?
    http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...ra_Calibration

any ideas guys?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    From reading that I wonder if the car should be in reverse with the ignition on but the engine not running ? I take it you have a visual on screen when reverse is selected ?