Highline RVC (with module) in MK6 Gti

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
where would you suggest the problem is if its audio/video but all wires are properly placed and unbroken
Have you continuity checked (with a DMM) the audio/video wires?

It's not uncommon for screened cables (which I assume at least the video cable is) to have poor/intermittent/faulty connections at the connectors.

Reactions: Uwe

anicks

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=234853
ive gone around and tested every wire that has anything to do with it and all reads well. which is why i switched to thinking it had to be a power issue, thinking that the signal was ok but there wasnt enough power to keep it strong

Dutchie

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=125479
If you are sure that the cables are ok, then its either the module or the camera that is faulty. My best bet is the module

Reactions: Uwe

Dutchie

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=125479
Did you solve the problem?

anicks

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=234853
Not yet. I just received a new cable from Kufatec that fits in a slightly different way. It was either that or buy a new module for $200+ without actually knowing if that was the problem. So Im starting with cheaper possible fixes.
I'll post when I fit it.

anicks

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=234853
so! i ordered a new module and a new harness from kufatec a few months back and decided to give it a go again this evening. i plugged everything in before pulling all the panels off, just the check first. it work! i was beaming with joy! so i pull all the panels up, plugged everything in, secured all the wires... and then... it didnt work. i got a step closer though. i put it in reverse and the lines showed up on a black screen. then it switched back to the radio screen and that lovely "rear view camera not presently..." bitch of a message showed up. im at my wits end now. no idea what it could be.
any fresh ideas?

chillout1983

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=162783
I have investigated this retrofit for my Passat I believe your +12v supply is constant and on my car the accessory sockets are only on with ignition ?

anicks

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=234853
I checked the fuse with the car on and off and its 12v the whole time

anicks

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=234853
ok so it just started working today! maybe it needed a power cycle or something like that.

new problem though! it needs calibrating. i made the VAS tool dotted mat thing myself and did everything in the rosstech instructions but once i put in all the values, i hit a brick wall when it comes to the actual calibration. it says "marking not recognised". im assuming its talking about the VAS tool but im a bit puzzled because theres no point when the camera pops out. so how could it not recognise it if it hasnt even taken a look?
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/VW_Tiguan_(5N)_Back-Up_Camera#Back-Up_Camera_Calibration

any ideas guys?

chillout1983

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=162783
From reading that I wonder if the car should be in reverse with the ignition on but the engine not running ? I take it you have a visual on screen when reverse is selected ?

anicks

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=234853
Lol, i feel like an absolute idiot for not trying that! I have it on screen when i put it in reverse but the lines just dont match up. I'll try it today and post back.
For all those with the same problem that im getting, i think it was a faulty module

anicks

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=234853
so it worked until the camera needed to read the VAS tool. I made my own one with instructions I found online. Im not sure if its the VAS I made or the measurements that are off. Definitely dont want to pay 1000$ for a dotted mat and the dealer over here wouldnt touch it even if i asked nicely. anybody done or heard of a successful calibration on an mk6 gti?

sers77

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=26140
Did you print it or draw it?
I have the pdf if you want to print...

anicks

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=234853
i drew it. felt like a school kid doing a project! have you successfully done it before? please send me the pdf

sers77

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=26140
Send me a private message with your email...

Back