Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Code P1602-002 - Power Supply to terminal 30 voltage too low

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure what the best way is to pry up the circuit board. Does the connector come out with it? Is there a certain edge I need to lift first? Is this just a case where I lift...and try to cut the sealant with a razor? Or do I lift and keep lifting until the board pops free? Jack....I know I sound like a little girl....but I'm scared.
    No big deal but good you are scared.

Heat case of unit with a hair dryer or heat gun to make the sealant more elastic.

Then pry the plastic plug carefully on the sides.
    Use a flat head screw driver with even PSI and lift slowly.

The RTV will than peal like a banana.......

If you are still scared......... send it to me and I will peal it for you for free.

Just pay freight is all I ask .........if we are doing anything else with my other tools I use......... rates apply.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    No offense taken.........I respectfully disagree.

A TSB is always a first thing to check.

In the case for this vehicle, and the fact that this a serious problem for Q7......... it absolutely is a must.
    This part is damaged in such significance of numbers, that there are none available in any USA dealer, and are on international back order.

This unit was just starting to see water so if its dry and he bags the unit he will be light years ahead of the cost or damages prevented going forward.

I had the forethought to stock up early on this application, when seeing the signs to come.
    Thanks for the explanation. I did not know there was a TSB on the problem, then indeed i agree with you to take the module apart. Thanks for the explantion,

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the explanation. I did not know there was a TSB on the problem, then indeed i agree with you to take the module apart. Thanks for the explantion,

I even expect a campaign..........
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Jack....are you able to somehow confirm that the ECM is okay? Can you test it to verify inputs/outputs? Per the Audi manual if I get no battery voltage to J271 Relay Terminal 30, and have verified that the wire to the ECM connector Pin is good - which I have done, that I should replace the ECM. My original Scans show so many things wrong that I'm not confident in anything....but I need to get the Audi going again, as it's been down far too long. Your advise is welcome.....thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Jack....are you able to somehow confirm that the ECM is okay? Can you test it to verify inputs/outputs? Per the Audi manual if I get no battery voltage to J271 Relay Terminal 30, and have verified that the wire to the ECM connector Pin is good - which I have done, that I should replace the ECM. My original Scans show so many things wrong that I'm not confident in anything....but I need to get the Audi going again, as it's been down far too long. Your advise is welcome.....thank you
    Yup......
    Visual inspection under magnifier + infrared heat camera, and bread board or test vehicles.

I charge a fee of $350 USD + insured freight in advance, to test/observe + extract forensic shadow EEPROM data, if possible even after a flood on dead units.

This observation fee is applied toward a replacement of one of my available units...... so all is fair in both directions.

Have you tried manually testing the J271 relay or a jump out to see if the vehicle runs?

I can be reached via contact form on my website.

All parts which have a DTC for short to ground unplug and isolate them please.
    Please verify all fuses!

Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 08-21-2016 at 08:45 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Things to observe........for N290 as described in scan as N276.

7. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    J299 and friends.........

Now please have a look at these shared tracks for the ground faults, and isolate them + check fuses before shipping in the controller.

Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 08-21-2016 at 08:26 AM.

9. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    FYI to Forum and OP.

Unit is A-OK..........it looks like you need a relay J271 or fuse/wiring is damaged/ignition switch.

Unplug all consumers with faults reported in history and one at a time plug back in clear DTC and scan + to isolate.

I have hammer repaired the case NC, and ground the rough imperfections off that were done with the prying.

I have made a forensic backup of the units CP.
    This was done in case something happens going forward and you need the data, or for a replacement key etc..

Just pay freight, and it's on its way back.

It appears you put about 25 KM on the truck since the last scan and the fault happened below I see.

Address 01: Engine Labels: None
    Control Module Part Number: 4L0 910 560 C HW: 4L0 907 560 A
    Component and/or Version: 4.2l V8/4V 0060
    Software Coding: 01210009190F0D60
    Work Shop Code: WSC 08166 444 102996
    18 Faults Found:
    000275 - Intake Air Temp. Sensor (G42): Signal too High
    P0113 - 002 - Lower Limit Exceeded
    Freeze Frame:
    Fault Status: 01100010
    Fault Priority: 0
    Fault Frequency: 2
    Mileage: 165675 km
    Time Indication: 0
    Date: 2005.09.22
    Time: 19:39:13
    Freeze Frame:
    RPM: 0 /min
    Load: 0.0 %
    Speed: 0.0 km/h
    Temperature: -40.0C
    Absolute Pres.: 980.0 mbar
    Voltage: 11.938 V
    000258 - Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70): Signal too Low
    P0102 - 002 - Lower Limit Exceeded - Intermittent
    Freeze Frame:
    Fault Status: 00110010
    Fault Frequency: 1
    Date: 2005.09.20
    Time: 12:00:56
    Freeze Frame:
    RPM: 172 /min
    Load: 100.0 %
    Temperature: 27.0C
    Absolute Pres.: 990.0 mbar
    Voltage: 10.033 V
    000268 - Mass Air Flow Sensor (G246): Signal too Low
    P010C - 002 - Lower Limit Exceeded - Intermittent
    Freeze Frame:
    Fault Status: 00110010
    Time: 12:00:56
    Freeze Frame:
    RPM: 172 /min
    Load: 100.0 %
    Temperature: 27.0C
    Voltage: 10.033 V
    001669 - ECM Power Relay Control Circuit (J271): Open Circuit
    P0685 - 004 - No Signal/Communication - Intermittent
    Freeze Frame:
    Fault Status: 00110100
    Time: 13:11:04
    Freeze Frame:
    RPM: 170 /min
    Load: 0.0 %
    Temperature: 46.0C
    Voltage: 0.000 V <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< This stamp bothers me!
    Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 09-09-2016 at 02:42 PM.

11. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    THANK YOU JACK...!!!!! Please let me know the freight costs. I am also going to compensate you for your professional efforts as well....as I can only imagine what a dealership would have charged to do that work. Your guidance is greatly appreciated. I will replace relay J-271 just because, and investigate the ignition switch wiring...etc. I will report back on what I find.

13. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, there is progress

@Jack
    Temperature: -40.0C, that odd also, maybe a ground isseu?

15. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post