Here's my story, sad but true :)

Barchiola

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=284395
I'm the proud owner of a fairly cursed 2009 VW Passat Wagon with the lovely 2.0T gasser under the hood.

This car is cursed and has been one odd problem after another. First I drove through a construction area on the interstate at 4:30 in the morning because some cones were out of place and at 4:30 in the morning it looked like I should have gone through there. Three blown out tires, some damaged rims, and a little scuffing to the underbelly plus a ride home in a wrecker taught me to be more careful driving home from work in the early AM. Next I was rear ended at about the same time in the morning (different day) and on the same stretch of road by someone that I'm sure was trying to get me to pull over so they could rob me. The rear bumper cover got messed up a bit but I left it and went on with my life. A main seal let loose and cost about $1600 to fix (curiously enough at about 80k where others report the same thing happening). Lastly, I rear ended a tractor-trailer and its rear bumper caught my headlight and blew out everything behind it. Due to a miscommunication with my insurance agent I learned I didn't have coverage at the time so I paid about $5000 to a shop that did a great job making the car look good but didn't do such a good job on the mechanicals. By this time you're probably thinking I should just Uber my way around.

Which is where VCDS comes in. :(

Since I'm into the car for so much more than it's worth at this point, I figure I should drive it for the rest of my life, or to 300k miles, whichever comes first. It's been frustrating to have engine codes popping up without the ability to read and troubleshoot them so I'm anxious to learn the VCDS system and get the car back to 100%. I think it's still possible for the car to love me back a little bit, we'll see.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Bart

Last edited:
Back