Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: passat abs pump replacment

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    You may want to see if a 120 OHM termination resistor on the CAN High/Low across the connections bridged......... will correct this fault in addition to your other tests.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

2. Likes joe67 liked this post
    Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like
    as you would have guessed by now, the above has went straight over my head..

i have checked for continuity and there is, checked each wire from one side to another and the multi meter beeped, there is also continuity beep between the wires, if i try either 19 or 20 pin it still beeps

Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like
    not sure if the above made sense... if I check 19 one side and 20 on the other it still beeps

Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like
    was talking to a polish guy yesterday and a garage when had car in for mot... they both said dont need computer to bleed the brakes, if you can, could any of you confirm if vcds is needed to bleed a bosh 5.3

Post Thanks / Like

It is true, it is not necessary. Nothing can replace the old-fashioned way for bleed the brakes.

Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I tryed , I wasn't happy with amount of fluid comming from calpiers.. I even tryed eezibleed pressure bleeder, didn't make a difference... What led me to believing vcds is needed

Post Thanks / Like
    Ross-Tech: Ross-Tech is not responsible for any damage or problems that may result from following these instructions. They are to be used at your own risk. As always, you should refer to a Factory Repair Manual for your vehicle!

This procedure details how to bleed the ABS pump when replacing brake fluid. This procedure is NOT necessary unless your ABS pump has gone completely dry. For normal brake work including fluid replacement, hose replacement, pad replacement, etc. this procedure is NOT necessary. Also, this procedure does not take the place of good ol' fashioned brake bleeding with one person operating the pedal while the other person opens the bleeder valves one by one and collects the discharged fluid.

There are certain test conditions that must be met before doing this procedure:

Vehicle must on a lift or safe jack stands with no wheels touching the ground

Ignition should be in the "On" position
    OK, then try, on your own responsibility :

Procedure for Bleeding the ABS Brake Pump on VW Passat and Audi A4/S4, A6/S6, and A8/S8:

[Select]
    [03 - ABS Brakes]
    [Basic Settings - 04]
    Group 002
    [Go!]

This will trigger the ABS pump to turn on for about 10 seconds. You should hear the fairly loud pump clicking during this time.

Click the [Done, Go Back] button and you're all set.

Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like
    It seems that this model doesn't need vcds to bleed brakes after all. Brakes are bled...

10. Likes Uwe liked this post