Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P0299 for the TSI engines, great video by Humble Mechanic

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are two other alternate things that can be done here & so I will just describe them.

One could weld a plate within the down-pipe to install a spring with guide bolt to hold the WG closed tighter and contained within it or drill a hole in down-pipe and weld a sleeve on it, then install a guide rod, so an external adjustable spring could be installed in same location aforementioned but can be dialed in easier from outside the down-pipe.

Please tell me this stuff makes sense?

There are many ways to make things work or do a repair but none of these are "qualified repairs" & should be considered for off road use only.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    There are three other alternate things that can be done here & so I will just describe them.

One could weld a plate within the down-pipe to install a spring with guide bolt to hold the WG closed tighter and contained within it or drill a hole in down-pipe and weld a sleeve on it, then install a guide rod, so an external adjustable spring could be installed in same location aforementioned but can be dialed in easier from outside the down-pipe.

or

One could remove the air motor bolts and install a plate with an adjustable pull setting & to make the WG motor be pulled more tight and then just refastened solving the same problem for tension loss.

There are many ways to make things work or do a repair but none of these are "qualified repairs" & should be considered for off road use only.

People do realize this was done by design to make it anti tuned to a degree right?
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    There are three other alternate things that can be done here & so I will just describe them.

or

One could remove the air motor bolts and install a plate with an adjustable pull setting & to make the WG motor be pulled more tight and then just refastened solving the same problem for tension loss.

People do realize this was done by design to make it anti tuned or cost savings to a degree right, It just back fired even stock?
    Above Magic!

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is your example not endorsed seller, but whatever same crap different shovel.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MAMBA-Adjus...-/262952999609

Above Magic!

5. Likes Boki Ar, D-Dub liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to further point out that the later TSI turbo's allow for a tilt in place to access the WG arm from above.

This means you remove the upper exhaust bolts in car and down-pipe flange etc and tilt turbo back to access a repair of the WG air motor.
    Above Magic!