module 46

Philip M

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=283188
Sebastian, Uwe asked me to disconnect the ccm to see if the malfunction would clear. Module 46 was not communicating so he said disconnect and run a scan then reconnect and run a scan. That is what I did and that is why you are seeing the problem that you spoke of yesterday. It came to me today as I was working. I will see about doing what you asked because I'm curious as well.

Sebastian

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HN0-nnnnnn
Even with the CCM/#46 disconnected, you should have no trouble reaching #01, #03 and #17. While #17 was in your first scan, it did behave oddly (there's some addition into there which I double checked) and #01 as well as #03 were missing completely. Then in your second scan, #01 and #17 are showing up - yet again #03 is missing as well as #46. So even if you disconnected #46, that should not interfere with #01, #03 and #17 at all. So what I am saying is, while your concern is #46 there is surely something else going on. My request to scan a different car is meant to double check that this isn't an issue on VCDS side of things, while unlikely it isn't impossible and before we ask you to hunt ghosts here... Well, better safe than sorry. :)

Philip M

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=283188
That is what I thought you were asking about scanning another car.. 17 was a issue, it would kinda freeze up. I would press the button and then it would go to the next module. I'll try to get another scan this weekend. I purchased a refurbished lap top for this program. I have only used it with the ross-tech program.

Thank You for your help This is a learning process for me..

Back