Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Jetta MK6 ABS Fault - Any advice/ thoughts?

  1. #1
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like

    Jetta MK6 ABS Fault - Any advice/ thoughts?

    hi Folks,
    I am a new owner of a Jetta and VCDS (no, they don't come bundled together)

    While doing my first scan I am concerned about 2 ABS faults, scan is listed below.
    Recently I had a flat tire where I thing the ABS/TPMS failed to detect in due time, so the tire was a total loss. I am unsure if this is related but not to my errors.

    I do not understand the date format for the events either - one says: Date: 2016.14.31 ?!?

    Any advice is appreciated!
    Thanks in Advance!

    Don't worry about radio fault code;

    Code:
    Tuesday,10,June,2014,18:05:24:53937
    VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator
    VCDS Version: 12.12.2.0
    Data version: 20140212
    
    
    VIN: 3VWLL7AJXXXXXXXXXX   License Plate: MYCAR
    
    
    
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    
    
    Chassis Type: AJ (6N0)
    Scan: 01 02 03 08 09 15 17 19 25 2E 44 47 56 77
    
    VIN: 3VWLL7AJXXXXXXXXXX   
    
    01-Engine -- Status: OK 0000
    02-Auto Trans -- Status: OK 0000
    03-ABS Brakes -- Status: Malfunction 0010
    04-Steering Angle -- Status: OK 0000
    08-Auto HVAC -- Status: OK 0000
    09-Cent. Elect. -- Status: OK 0000
    15-Airbags -- Status: OK 0000
    17-Instruments -- Status: OK 0000
    19-CAN Gateway -- Status: OK 0000
    25-Immobilizer -- Status: OK 0000
    2E-Media Player 3 -- Status: OK 0000
    44-Steering Assist -- Status: OK 0000
    47-Sound System -- Status: OK 0000
    56-Radio -- Status: Malfunction 0010
    77-Telephone -- Status: OK 0000
     
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 01: Engine (CJA)       Labels: 03L-906-022-CBE.clb
       Part No SW: 03L 906 019 HD    HW: 03L 907 309 AA
       Component: R4 2,0L EDC G000AG  4818  
       Revision: 12H15---    Serial number:               
       Coding: 0050078
       Shop #: WSC 00066 000 00000
       VCID: 74C935DB17699EBE8FF-8021
    
    No fault code found.
    Readiness: 0 0 0 0 0 
    
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 02: Auto Trans        Labels: 02E-927-770.lbl
       Part No SW: 02E 300 058 M    HW: 02E 927 770 AL
       Component: GSG DSG AG6     512 3524  
       Revision: 05551213    Serial number: 00001208290375
       Coding: 0000020
       Shop #: WSC 00066 000 00000
       VCID: 2469059BE7094E3EDFF-8071
    
    No fault code found.
    
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 03: ABS Brakes (J104)       Labels: 1K0-907-379-60EC1F.clb
       Part No SW: 1K0 907 379 BL    HW: 1K0 907 379 BL
       Component: ESP MK60EC1   H31 0152  
       Revision: 00H31001    
       Coding: B14B400C492700FC8D0D02EC921E0042A71000
       Shop #: WSC 00066 000 00000
       VCID: 7DDF10FFE423DFF6F01-8028
    
    2 Faults Found:
    02846 - Switch fro Tire Pressure Monitoring Display (E492) 
                008 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Fault Status: 00101000
                        Fault Priority: 3
                        Fault Frequency: 1
                        Reset counter: 98
                        Mileage: 27179 km
                        Time Indication: 0
                        Date: 2016.14.31
                        Time: 21:17:32
    
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Count: 16391
                        Count: 32780
                        Count: 0
                        Count: 157
                        Count: 45056
                        Count: 0
                        Count: 768
                        Count: 0
    
    02214 - Tire Pressure Warning 
                002 - Lower Limit Exceeded - Intermittent
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Fault Status: 00100010
                        Fault Priority: 2
                        Fault Frequency: 2
                        Reset counter: 113
                        Mileage: 19693 km
                        Time Indication: 0
                        Date: 2013.14.07
                        Time: 14:23:35
    
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Count: 0
                        Count: 32768
                        Count: 4608
                        Count: 16401
                        Count: 50945
                        Count: 0
                        Count: 254
                        Count: 0
    
    
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 08: Auto HVAC        Labels: 5C0-820-047.clb
       Part No SW: 5C0 820 047 BA    HW: 5C0 820 047 BA
       Component: J301  Klimaanlage   0204  
       Revision: 2001012S    Serial number: 00000001306129
       Shop #: WSC 00066 000 00000
       VCID: 60E1498BB391121EFB7-8035
    
    No fault code found.

  2. #2
    Benevolent Dictator Uwe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    22,971
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by fflip View Post
    I do not understand the date format for the events either - one says: Date: 2016.14.31 ?!?
    The flux capacitor in your car is obviously defective. VW should replace it under warranty.

    Seriously, does your car know the date? The date data that's stored in fault codes' freezeframes has been a source of some frustration to us; in cars which aren't date-aware, it's not a real date, it's some kind of goofy offset from the build date, and although we thought we finally had that nailed down in the latest Beta version, I think there's something not quite right with that.

    -Uwe-

  3. #3
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    The flux capacitor in your car is obviously defective. VW should replace it under warranty.

    Seriously, does your car know the date? The date data that's stored in fault codes' freezeframes has been a source of some frustration to us; in cars which aren't date-aware, it's not a real date, it's some kind of goofy offset from the build date, and although we thought we finally had that nailed down in the latest Beta version, I think there's something not quite right with that.

    -Uwe-
    What is the Flux capacitor if I may ask ? (I've seen similar threads where this was a joke)

  4. #4
    Ross-Tech Employee Dana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    3,435
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is a joke :-) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DeLorean_time_machine

    .. but all joking aside "02846 - Switch fro Tire Pressure Monitoring Display (E492)" looks like we have a typo! I'm not sure if that was addressed to I'm mention it to the guys.

    It isn't entirely uncommon to have Tire Pressure Warning - Lower Limit Exceeded faults when a tire was low but the switch fault is not normal. I suspect the E492 switch itself is malfunctioning but Implausible Signal can also mean sticking. Is that in the center console or glove box and either way, is something pressing on it at times (owner's manual or glove box treasures) or did coffee spill into a console mounted switch? Do you have children that like to press buttons?

  5. Likes Uwe liked this post
  6. #5
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post

    It isn't entirely uncommon to have Tire Pressure Warning - Lower Limit Exceeded faults when a tire was low but the switch fault is not normal. I suspect the E492 switch itself is malfunctioning but Implausible Signal can also mean sticking. Is that in the center console or glove box and either way, is something pressing on it at times (owner's manual or glove box treasures) or did coffee spill into a console mounted switch? Do you have children that like to press buttons?
    Thank you

    So the switch is the one in the glovebox... nothing there which can tickle it

    I think I'll let the error codes there and I will ask the dealer to scan the car.
    Do you know if dealers bother if we scan our cars with VCDS, or should I better say nothing about VCDS?


    FFLIP

  7. #6
    Benevolent Dictator Uwe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    22,971
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by fflip View Post
    I think I'll let the error codes there and I will ask the dealer to scan the car.
    Is it still under warranty? You blanked out so much of the VIN that we can't see what model year it is.

    Quote Originally Posted by fflip View Post
    Do you know if dealers bother if we scan our cars with VCDS, or should I better say nothing about VCDS?
    Depends on the dealer. Some buy VCDS for their techs. Others think it's an act of sacrilege to scan with anything other than their "authorized" tools.

    -Uwe-

  8. #7
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    went to the dealer who scanned the car and said there were no errors. A reason to "trust" them even more

  9. #8
    Benevolent Dictator Uwe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    22,971
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1
    They most likely cleared the faults, so they probably weren't lying about the condition of the car when they gave it back to you.

    -Uwe-

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •