Will Hex-Net work with the new Lamborghini Huracan?

Steve Star

Reaction score
Will the Hex-Net diagnostic tool be able to re-set the Service Reminder on 2015/2016 Lamborghini Huracans?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
We have a procedure for it, but I am not sure whether it has been tested & verified.

-Uwe-

Steve Star

Reaction score
We have a procedure for it, but I am not sure whether it has been tested & verified.

-Uwe-

Sir,
Does this mean that you are waiting for feedback from customers who purchase this unit to confirm that it will perform the Service Reset "procedure"?
I would love to purchase this diagnostic tool for use on the Huracan.
For oil changes, I need to be able to reset the service reminder.
Uwe, Do you have any idea how long this testing/verification might take?
(I am a newbie at this.)
Thanks,
Steve

DrPeter

Ross-Tech Employee
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Hello,

Will the Hex-Net diagnostic tool be able to re-set the Service Reminder on 2015/2016 Lamborghini Huracans?

- Yes, the HEX-Net has successfully reset SRI warnings on the Lamborghini Huracán LP 610-4.

- We have had some good feedback with our procedure from several satisfied customers.

Hope this helps,

drpeter

Reactions: Uwe

NZDubNurd

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=230482
If you take them for a thrash in it, I'm sure they'll check into it a bit further ;)

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
We had one here at RT-HQ for part of a day in April of last year:

Gfga8Zj.png

However, it did not have service due, so we did not attempt to reset it, and we did not ask to drive it. :thanks:

-Uwe-

Steve Star

Reaction score
We had one here at RT-HQ for part of a day in April of last year:

Gfga8Zj.png

However, it did not have service due, so we did not attempt to reset it, and we did not ask to drive it. :thanks:

-Uwe-

I'm surprised you that did not re-set the service reminder, just to see if you actually could.
(A few extra miles on the synthetic oil in the sump, would hardly do any real damage since the recommended oil for this vehicle is guaranteed for 15,000 miles by the oil's manufacturer; plus Lamborghini's own service schedule states 10,000 miles or one year.)
Dr.Peter's feedback is very good to hear. It's real world information on this specific issue.
Thank you, gentlemen.:)

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I'm surprised you that did not re-set the service reminder, just to see if you actually could.
It's not possible to verify that you can reset something that isn't set to begin with. ;)

-Uwe-

Sebastian

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HN0-nnnnnn
The customer asked us to limit actual changes to a bare minimum, we usually do not like to poke too much with customer cars. Playing with the service information puts one in a dilemma, every reset/change is being recorded and the history can be retrieved for warranty purposes. That is why we didn't play with it in this specific case. That said, as Peter wrote - we have positive feedback and the Huracan cluster isn't much different from several Audi's when it comes to SRI functions.

Steve Star

Reaction score
It's not possible to verify that you can reset something that isn't set to begin with. ;)

-Uwe-

Uwe, Huh?:confused:
My brand new Huracan's Service Reminder was "set"/initiated at the dealership, prior to it's delivery.
Every time I've looked at it (via the vehicle's Information Screen) it has changed. Either due to mileage being racked up or time passing by. About a month ago the countdown clock said: 195 days left until next service... now it shows 153 days until next service.
Obviously it is 'set', otherwise there would be no need to use your Hex-Net to re-set the Service Reminder, no?;)

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Uwe, Huh?:confused:
My brand new Huracan's Service Reminder was "set"/initiated at the dealership, prior to it's delivery.
Every time I've looked at it (via the vehicle's Information Screen) it has changed. Either due to mileage being racked up or time passing by. About a month ago the countdown clock said: 195 days left until next service... now it shows 153 days until next service.
Obviously it is 'set', otherwise there would be no need to use your Hex-Net to re-set the Service Reminder, no?;)
No. Being able to influence the values in the counters is not the same as being able to reset the (binary) "Service is due now!" value once it sets. Sorry, but it just isn't.

-Uwe-

Steve Star

Reaction score
No. Being able to influence the values in the counters is not the same as being able to reset the (binary) "Service is due now!" value once it sets. Sorry, but it just isn't.

-Uwe-

Uwe,
Sorry to be a pain; still trying to understand this stuff as I am a novice with these diagnostic tools....

If I follow the steps in your video "SRI Resetting with VCDS by Ross-Tech" won't I be able to reset the SRI ("Service is due now") and start the entire time/mileage countdown all over again?
Uwe, for example, if I wanted to change my oil every 2000 miles can't I do this by following the video's instructions?
I've spoken with your very helpful sales staff and a few on this forum, and have gotten good answers; My curiosity just wants to understand the dynamics of this.
Pretty much the main task I want to perform with Hex-Net is: Reset the Service Due Light.
Thanks.:)

Eric

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC800000
What Uwe is saying is, just because you can change the time and distance values (and even zero them), doesn't mean you're going to be able to make the message "You shell out thousands at the dealer NOW!" being displayed in the cluster go away at the same time. Those can and often are two distinct things. That very green Lamborghini we got did not have the *message* active, hence there was no simple way for us to make sure we can make the message go away. The owner was very particular about not "touching" anything on it anyway :)

Steve Star

Reaction score
.... doesn't mean you're going to be able to make the message "You shell out thousands at the dealer NOW!" being displayed in the cluster go away at the same time. Those can and often are two distinct things.....
My answer to this will be: FU Lamborghini, I will just disconnect the battery and only connect it when I want to drive the car, effectively stopping the service clock; I'll make one year turn into 5 years. I do not drive more than 1000 miles a year so mileage will never be a factor. I don't care about re-setting the car's radio controls, and other vehicle settings.... I don't use any of those gadgets.
Yup, I'm stubborn and won't have this car for more than 3 years total anyway. Lol

Eric

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC800000
Or you could just buy a HEX-NET, since Peter has confirmed that it can reset the message :)

Steve Star

Reaction score
Or you could just buy a HEX-NET, since Peter has confirmed that it can reset the message :)

Eric, I will !!! ..... I was just venting my anger at VW/Audi.;)
P.S. The local dealer has the stones to charge $1200 for this non-sense!

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
If I follow the steps in your video "SRI Resetting with VCDS by Ross-Tech" won't I be able to reset the SRI ("Service is due now") and start the entire time/mileage countdown all over again?
We have a procedure specific to that car. I assume this is because the normal (publicly documented) one won't work. But this is when the "Pay dealer $1200 now" message is already there.

Uwe, for example, if I wanted to change my oil every 2000 miles can't I do this by following the video's instructions?
If you give us maps of the channels when you change the oil, we'll help you figure out what to do.

I've spoken with your very helpful sales staff and a few on this forum, and have gotten good answers; My curiosity just wants to understand the dynamics of this.
I'm not sure we FULLY understand it in that car either, but I'm confident that working together (with you being able to pull data from the car), we'll figure it out.

-Uwe-

Steve Star

Reaction score
I'm not sure we FULLY understand it in that car either, but I'm confident that working together (with you being able to pull data from the car), we'll figure it out.

-Uwe-

Thanks, man!
:)
p.s. I recommended the Hex-Net to a nice friend who runs the service dept. at a large Audi dealership. They are looking into it as an addendum for their service techs.

Last edited:

Steve Star

Reaction score
We have a procedure specific to that car....-Uwe-

Uwe,
I have one final (newbie) question.
Is this special 'procedure' already "built into" the Hex-Net or will it be something I will have to call customer service for in order to access or download it into my Hex-Net?
Thank you,
Steve

Back