VW Golf 7 ABS Brakes (J104) 15.7.4 and Beta 16.6 No Texts!

Sebastian

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HN0-nnnnnn
Part of the problem from where I am standing, you are complaining about sth. not working and/or you not finding solutions, though you are also not properly describing what the problem is or what you did to get there. Somewhere you wrote you replaced a Gateway, but what does that have to do with the ABS/ESP or even the cluster coding?!

barstanders

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=277262
Sebastian,

Lets try to tell you from begin.

The mechanich installs the instrument cluster with the online swap possiblity, cluster have 60 km and with swap he put the old KM back and recode both of the keys.
So when he doing this the online system change some of the adaptations on the ABS system why i dont understand!
Like the XDS setting and the button possition of the hill hold.
This gives errors on the Engine and ABS.
The mechanich says to me maybe you need a High Gateway you have now Mid range so he recode the high online.

But after this the error on the Engine and ABS are still in the system, so he put again the old gateway back en try to update this with VCP.

Te error on this gateway are
1 Fehler gefunden:
1537 - Datensatz unplausibel
B2012 00 [009] - -
bestätigt - geprüft seit letzter Löschung

This have to do with the onofficial update.

So he put the High Gateway again in the car, because this have no fault message.

BUT with this gateway i cant use the comfort user setting this dont show it on the infotainment, and with this its generated the next error on the infotainment.

1 Fehler gefunden:
7203 - Funktionseinschränkung wegen fehlender Botschaft
U1111 00 [009] - -

This for i have ask on the vcds the guestion.

Before buying my own cable!
But the answer there was not what i aspected.

http://vagcomforum.de/index.php?showtopic=28393

http://vagcomforum.de/index.php?showtopic=28471

So that moment i have two options dont see comfort user setting on the infotainmet and 1 fault ore use the old gateway and see 1 fault this maybe will go when the vw flah a new software and with a working comfort user option.

After spitting the adaptations engine and ABS a have resolve the error there.

But the error on the instrument cluster a cant get out!

So old gateway with the new instrument cluster are now in the car.

So hopefully you understand it well and was hoping you ASK this on my first post!

Then maybe whe have come further than now.

Ross Tech write with the beta ia a test version so manny people use it and need give a feedback so at end it will stable.
And i Have done it buy telling that some of the bit and bytes are differt ore no tekst ore still no possiblity to change some of the setting ( this is Feedback )

So you have read may problem and hope you give me some tips you are a Rookie since 2003...

You have olso read the convsersation on the vcdsforum.de where the accusing me with china kabel at and you close this conversation.

So you try to defend you produkt Ross Tech and i TRY to defend my 300 euro investment.

First there are accusmenst tho me then my German was bad and now i see A german Talking Englisch better then me!

With right guestions asking it have not come so far, just Help needed.

So this i why i am angry. i try everthing asking every 4 days on both sides, and hope somenone give a hint 1.5 months every day scanning the car on error.

Last edited:

Polofan

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=270984
Hello Barstanders
Why dont you let the mechanic who have messed your car up in the first place sort it out. He must be the guy to blame!!!
??
I think a lot of people here at Ross-tech and German Vcds would like to help you, but its not easy the way you are putting things together.

barstanders

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=277262
Hello Polofan,

Thanks for your replay, afcourse this was possible but the guy had a car accident ( RIP )
So the company is now close, when its possible a was gone.

But this is not the problem to somone blame.

I Think you are not reading the problem at the first post of my.

just look here first then i want to here about you comment!

http://vagcomforum.de/index.php?showtopic=28393

The read the post below!

http://vagcomforum.de/index.php?showtopic=28471

http://vagcomforum.de/index.php?showtopic=28509

Now my German was bad!

And again i ASK HERE what is the meaning of Feul tank 1 till 8 and and Tire Circumference 1 to 8 again no answer!
maybe this can resolve the error on my instrument cluster, no answer again.

But the have time to LIKE your replay!
Even the person where i have ask this guestion Sebatian two times sending a personal mail to his mail account, no answer sorry yes 1 answer i get

I am currently not available for tech support related questions. Please direct your questions to the forum or contact our English language support.

Yes this i what i am doing for 1.5 months.

So its verry easy to give the blame to the mechanic, but first i ask there the guestion iff its possible that the newer vcds software get the support to change somthing with vcds.
So i can buy it and wait that the software comes.

But the respons whas kind of dissapointment accusings china kabel then my german was bad like this.
YOU get support after buying the kabel even told me. WHERE
So i buy my kabel and ask their my guestion about the same problem, and then it was verry quiet 1.5 months till now.
Even the accusers are answering yes my German was bad, so i have see that olso germans speaking englisch here, if somone want to help the try to ask little dipper in the problem

My problem is when you ask somthing you get NO Answer.

Last edited:

NEtech

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56995
I am not going to read through all your threads, here and at PCI, but am I correct, you have changed you instrument to: 5G0 920 871 (Premium) ?
If that is correct, why are you changing coding for something that is described as hardware options in your car ?
Have you changed your cars hardware, fuel tank, tyres etc. ?
That Coding for example, depends of 2WD/4WD, fuel tank size (e-Golf) etc.
I would take the Instrument coding from the Autoscan with your original instrument and use that!

Also remember, you install an instrument that is normally not used in a car with your setup.
As far as I know 5G0 920 871 is used from 2014 and later Models and Estate!.

And again i ASK HERE what is the meaning of Feul tank 1 till 8 and and Tire Circumference 1 to 8 again no answer!
Have you thought about, when there is no answer, it is because nobody knows the correct answer! (except wrong instrument)
I don't think anybody at Ross-Tech, knows the explanation for the 8 different Tank options.
Be happy there is an text, the alternative would be, no text.

barstanders

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=277262
Bello Ntech,

Thanks For the first useful info.
When i use the old code i see a car pictures of 3 doors.
So i need to change that because i have 5 doors.
So it is possible that this cluster use from 2014 models but this kind info i am waitinf for long time.
So i have change the tank variant back to 3 and the model variant to 1.
Even when i change the the feul tank from 2 till 8 its works.
Only the car variant 1 and 3 shows a shortback 5 doors.
So the code 02 byte 2 i have change to 0A.

The text is ok but what i dont understand the englisch version shows 3 options en german software shows more options.
Ross tech is one company why different tekst.
And when you see this you think maybe comes the error with the wrong activation feul tank.
So i am asking this like you somone can answer not difficult ore are you the only expert on Ross tech
So i dont have to look anymore on that option.

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
I have to agree that German version has alot more label data files. If i knew that when i bought my first HUC, problably would gone for German one.

German isn't probleem for me, i can read it and write it on so-so level, but as the new labels Are crypted it doesn't help much. Unless connected to car.

I have translated few labels for Passat 3C this way, i'll be sending then soon.

barstanders

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=277262
Hello Ntech,

Strange of the fehler is its comes after 16 hours!
And when i disconnect the baterie for half hour then after olmost 4 a half days!
Maybe some setting in combination infotainment.

barstanders

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=277262
Hello All,

I have resolved the error on the instrument cluster!

http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...ent-cluster-retrofit-to-Premium-1-fault/page4

The problem was the TIRE CIRCUMFERENCE, i have change this from standard to Varainte 3 YES on the German version and now after one whole week no more error.

I olso want to give a feedback for the beta version and hope this maybe wil resolved on the beta 16.7 version.

With the German Beta version ( module Engine ) Byte 4 bit 0-2 you see no tekst Englisch is ok, olso on the old 15.7.4 there where a tekst Continously Fan Installed.

See pictures.

http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr253/Hella_444/Engine Bits.jpg

http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr253/Hella_444/Fan.jpg

Back