Reviews for retrofit PLA 2.0 to 3.0

Kushdaiin

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=192983
@esteticu just curious because I added PLA 3.0 to my Golf R this past summer, but how does your PLA button function? Can you cycle through modes when you press it multiple times or does it just shut the PLA down if pressed a second time? When I press the PLA button more than once, it shuts off. However on my PLA 2.0 equipped golf variant, it will cycle through the two parking modes.

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
It has an autodetect function when enabled and it will automatically detect if it’s perpendicular or reverse parking. Or if you drive first close to parking slot front first, it will propose forward parking.

I think the pla2.0 was better because you could choose it. Now it’s more miss than hit :)

Cuzoe

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=279487
It has an autodetect function when enabled and it will automatically detect if it’s perpendicular or reverse parking. Or if you drive first close to parking slot front first, it will propose forward parking.

I think the pla2.0 was better because you could choose it. Now it’s more miss than hit :)
Ohhhhhh... then maybe my PLA 3.0 module will stay in the garage. I use it for parallel parking all the time, works great.

I have used it for reversing in, great as long as I enable it early enough to find the spot. But I normally don't, and just back in myself.

Cuzoe

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=279487
Haha, I used to be good at parallel parking. Then didn't do it for probably decade and now I've lost my confidence :D.

I got my license, some 20 years ago, in a 1986 Mercedes 420 SEL. That car had to be almost 20 feet long. Where I took my test in South Carolina the parallel parking portion was between some water barrels they had set up in the alley behind the DMV. The markings for the barrel locations were painted on the ground. They did not adjust the barrel locations for my dumb self doing the test in that boat. I had practiced in that car so could and did pass. But people with little cars would just pull straight in and pass :banghead:. DMV didn't care how you got in, just that you were no more than 12" from the curb and roughly centered between the barrels.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I used to be good at parallel parking. Then didn't do it for probably decade and now I've lost my confidence
I have to admit I can't recall the last time I've done it either because I just don't frequent places where it's necessary.

-Uwe-

Kushdaiin

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=192983

Thanks! That confirms what I suspected. It's still fun to use it even if it's completely unnecessary. Personally I don't mind 'manually' parallel parking but I do enjoy the pomp and circumstance of watching the car do it semi-automatically.

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
Yes, it's more a showoff gimmick than really really useful one. I've used it many times in parallel parking though just for pure fun. PLA3 is way way faster than PLA2 and it is really close to what human can do. What it does better than me, it puts the car to a more tighter spot that what I would have the courage to try :)

Back