Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Driver Issue in Windows 7

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I don't think the drivers are the issue here. Based on your first screen-shot, your Windows is seeing the wrong VID and PID. That VID and PID are how Windows decides what drivers can be used with a device. The question is: Why does your Windows see/report the wrong VID and PID?

-Uwe-

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who knows. Just found out it is not confined to the VCDS interface now. Tried a memory stick and same thing, disabling/enabling resolves it again. Something is messed up so will try a reinstall of Windows initially to see if that makes things better. At least I know my trusty VCDS lead is serviceable. I wish Windows installation was as resilient as my trusty Ross-Tech interface! Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Could be USB root hub on your motherboard going bad. Keep your fingers crossed during the OS reinstall...

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Luckily it wasn't the motherboard. After the Windows re-install I had the same issue. Then I disabled all non essential background services in Windows and then all USB devices were recognised upon reboot. So then I spent some time finding out what driver was causing the problem. It was the VMWare USB drivers. Disabling them solved the issue.

I have since uninstalled VMWare, problem solved. Time to move back to my injector problem with the help of my trusty VCDS. Thanks for the suggestions

5. Likes Santos, Eric liked this post