16.6.0 - broken subsystem identification

icardiag

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=113031
Hello,

as I stated in previous thread regarding 16.5.1, since I updated the FW in my cable, I have problems with subsystem identification / loading. This is very noticeable in 09 Central electronics units, regardless if it is an MQB based car or PQxx.
Today I suffered from the same issue, trying to uncode lock/unlock beep on a VW T5GP Multivan :(

See the duplicated subsystems in the first Extra labeled line:

Hitting "Close controller, Go back", unplugging and reconnecting cable, then clicking "09 - Central Electronics" I got communication error:

Then trying to code the unit, I got "Error 78 unknown" error:

Coding succesfully went through, when I disconnected the cable, closed VCDS, then plugged back the cable & reopened VCDS.

Any idea, what can be wrong? I have these problems with 09 - Central electronics since I updated the FW in my cable with release 16.5.0 :facepalm:
The DLM files with debug level set to 1024 are here on Mega - https://mega.nz/#!KxhBCAja!ttqdczSSQvoYasoA17RUvbAibPJjEnGmuT7hT5_m68M

Thanks in advance!

icardiag

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=113031
Thanks for the answer Eric, take your time :thumbs:

Reactions: Uwe

Sebastian

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HN0-nnnnnn
I am not able to reproduce this with 16.6.0.2 and a HUC (on a 2017 T6) - did about 20 tries and all were good (restarted VCDS after every 5th try)

With 16.7.0.1 I have inconsistent results, most fail but some are OK. Several comm issues I have noticed....

#1 Comm Error during slave population, resulting indeed in duplicates. Based on what I see, if an error happens during the slave reading, it starts from scratch and during that the already read data isn't cleared.

#2 Communication brakes up right after retrieving all slaves. Switches to k-line then and of course fails to connect.

Added debugs to FS#1144.

From my point of view 16.7.0.1 is a regression.

BTW: I can only see 6 of the 7 slaves in the control module open screen (hint, FS#739) due to size limitations. ;)

Last edited:

Eric

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC800000

icardiag

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=113031
Thanks for the new version, I'm back from the holiday, I'll do some tests tomorrow :thumbs:

icardiag

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=113031
I'm glad to write that the latest test built 16.7.0.8 works as expected :thumbs:
Tested & no errors found on the whole Skoda currently produced models from Citigo to Superb.
I like the smaller font in adaptation dropdown list and the return of proper sorting :cool:

Back