Thread: European Workshop manuals - DTCs, Coding etc. - for A8 D3 ...

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

European Workshop manuals - DTCs, Coding etc. - for A8 D3 ...

There are various references in VCDS documentation and elsewhere for checking and validating DTCs and coding values against the "appropriate Workshop Manual".

However, in my searches, including using the Euro Erwin for several hours, for my Euro / UK build A8 D3, I can find either Self Study Programs [SSPs] and Workshop Manuals in PDF format but neither of these refer to DTCs or to coding / adaptation values. I do note, however, that equivalent Skoda Workshop manuals do indicate DTCs and coding values!

Are appropriate Audi manuals covering DTCs, Coding and Adapatation values available for the A8 D3 for the European market or are these 'Audi dealer only' and not available to 'the man in the street'?

Regards - Julian
    Last edited by JulianHicks; 09-16-2016 at 06:09 AM. Reason: Typos

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here the essence is, that in approx. year 2000. VW and Audi diagnostic procedures were no more prepared as just readable documents in ElsaWin, but included in computerized diagnostics/fault finding tool, called VAS PC. For Skoda and Seat cars it was done some years later. Erwin mainly is based on ElsaWin. If something is not included in Elsa, it is not in Erwin as well.
    Post an autoscan from Your car and describe Your problems, and I'm sure a lot of people here will help You

3. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Apologies for delayed response to this thread

So I think you're saying "No"; there are no printed documents that describe fault codes or coding specifications for MY2005 Euro A8s as that information has moved into what I presume are various delaer diagnostic tools?

Regards - Julian