one is 680 /min Engine Speed (G28)
    85.0C Coolant Temperature (G62)
    3.5 % Lambda Control Bank 1
    10111011 Basic Setting Requirements

12:55:09 Group 002: General
    680 /min Engine Speed (G28)
    18.8 % Engine Load
    0.77 ms Injection Timing
    350.0 mbar Intake Manifold Pressure (G71)

12:55:09 Group 003: General
    350.0 mbar Intake Manifold Pressure (G71)
    4.7 % Throttle Valve Angle
    2.3 BTDC Ignition Timing Angle

second

13:09:25 Group 004: General
    14.100 V Battery Voltage (Terminal 30)
    86.0C Coolant Temperature (G62)
    61.0C Intake Air Temperature (G42)

13:09:25 Group 002: General
    18.0 % Engine Load
    0.77 ms Injection Timing
    340.0 mbar Intake Manifold Pressure (G71)

13:09:25 Group 003: General
    340.0 mbar Intake Manifold Pressure (G71)
    4.3 % Throttle Valve Angle
    1.5 BTDC Ignition Timing Angle

what about intake temperature is it right? the coolant temperature was 86 degrees.
    by the way i was disconect map sensor and do the test drive but didn't feel any feel any difference probably only on diesel engines can feel difference when air flow meter are disconnected.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    But the map sensor can cause this problem? Does it show fault when map sensor is not working properly or faulty?

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    61.0C Intake Air Temperature (G42)
    This seems a bit high to me ........and should be closer to an ambient outside temp.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Jaunis with old due respect to you and other in this thread. TSI engines are complex for most mechanics not for a casual user of diagnostic equipment. VCDS is good for reading and finding faults when you have DTC in memory. However VCDS can NOT be smarter then ECU algo for code triggering and therefore in your case can help but should not be used as only tool to find fault.

Use only 98 RON for that car and check spark plugs and coils.....sounds to me like LEAN mixture or misfire due to wrong type spark plugs..... both is not readable with any scan-tool.

5. Likes Robski liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gavra,

I have to disagree to a point here, however, understand where you're coming from.

VCDS is far more useful in aid of diagnosis, than just reading or clearing a DTC.

Logging values of a controller can be used to test or qualify a system.

That's what readiness tests were originally developed for.

This allows someone to isolate a specific system, and then narrow in on the mechanicals or parts that are in error.
    Not all ROW cars support readiness, however, most controllers do support many basic setting test calibrations.

That said ......it is not a substitute for the factory repair manual, microfiche parts system, or basics of knowledge on how systems work + safety.

Id say a good indicator of a misfire from wrong heat range plugs or fuel quality/PSI/volume ...... might be able to be determined by checking timing correction factor ( CF ).

Running lean creates a ton of heat.........however, looking at data like
    85.0C Coolant Temperature (G62)
    and the fact that IAT is off the charts........ doesn't reflect that type of heat in the bay or ambient.

I would say that VCDS maybe cant do all the same things that the factory tools does, however, it can do something's more comprehensive than the factory tool.......and with ease of use.
    Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 06-27-2016 at 07:55 PM.
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    You misunderstood me Jack

TSI engine actually should run LEAN on idle, but idle only. And if that engine is equipped with NOx cat even gas analyser can't help for mixture reading. Misfires caused by wrong spark plugs can be checked ONLY with oscilloscope and person trained to use it for ignition problems. Especially because coils on that engine are capacitive ,and not inductive type and primary can not be used for mirroring secondary .

At the end, I said this
    both is not readable with any scan-tool.
    Scan-tool only allow user to read values which are measured with ECU sensors used for input. If there is any problem which is not detected by ECU scan-tool isn't much helpful.

Second ,data provided are not particularly useful because complain was about losing power when engine is hot and about some "weird" noise when accelerating, however all for data logs are taken on idle 680RPM and not on normal engine temperature. That engine should run between 95-105*C and it's at 85 at logs.

Some things just can't be solved with simple use of scanner, that was my point. Get hands dirty and use many tools to find fault, otherwise this thread can have 50+ pages without solution. And it's good for every thread to have solution so other users can read what is the proper way of fixing car, and to help them to realize that VCDS is only tool capable to see what ECU thinks it's wrong, and any errors in memory are NOT produced or evaluated by scan-tool it's just read out of ECU parameters.

8. Likes Robski liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    No Gavra I didn't.

So you are saying that with an ECT of 85C at idle and an IAT of 61C ......would be normal for this engine,...... being as sophisticated as you aforementioned?

I don't know because we don't have these here..........as far as I thought a few pages back, it was charged in error.

Know why........? because I shot from the hip rather than took aim at the repair manual.
    I failed to follow my on advice JPPSG.......

Post Thanks / Like
    ECT at 85*C at idle is still warming up and 61*C at IAT is NORMAL temperature in any engine with MAP installed. MAP is installed inside intake manifold and 61*C is normal temperature because cylinder head is dissipating heat over manifold as well. MAF engines have normal readings about 35-47*C and MAP around 55-75*C .

Understanding set-up of engine and ECU algorithm helps to find fault faster. MAP engines with air leak will have MORE power ,while MAF engines with same fault(air leak) will have LESS power, different types of algo used. For you, and any other technically educated person those things are easy to understand because you are familiar with it. But this thread started person who bought VCDS because his mechanic is NOT good and isn't able to find fault.

11. Likes Jack@European_Parts, Uwe, Robski liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I actually have an audi a3 blf in at present with a similar issue, no faults other than "air leak detected", I have smoke tested it, no issues. Checked all relevant temp sensors etc, all OK. Removed the exhaust and physically checked condition of cats.... OK (although if they had been broken up I would expect lambda issues). I'm now suspecting PCV failure, it's got rough idle and very down in power, under acceleration over 3000rpm the engine sounds like the bottom end is knocking, which I would presume is excessive crankcase pressure due to the pcv failure. Would it be possible your car has the same problem?? Although I'm not 100% on my own diagnosis, but a new pcv will be with me tomorrow so by all means I can report back on my findings.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you guys for all your comments im really do appreciate. The engine is fsi not tsi. as many people as many opinions. I will try to check every single thing you mentioned in this forum. Tomorrow will open and check condition of spark plugs and coil packs. Then will check air leaks as well, Then planing to change fuel filter. By the way i change twice high pressure fuel pump and every time when replace this pump i feel better performance, engine sounds different (much butter) but just for very short time, only for few miles. So i was thinking maybe something whit fuel pressure is to high or to low..and the engine sound (when it gets in limp mode) is the same like driving 15mph and put 3 gear and press accelerate pedal all the way down or driving up to hill whit the high gear.
    Dubtech, which petrol are you using 95 or 98?
    Thank you guy's!