Difficulty with Dataset Update (26 to 27)

PanEuropean

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=11844
I have not been successful in updating the Dataset (DS) in my HEX-NET interface, despite many attempts over the past few hours.

The HEX-NET is operating in infrastructure mode, and is associated with the same wireless router as the computer. I began the update process by logging into VCDS-Mobile with the HEX-NET device connected to the computer using the USB cable. I was able to successfully update the Code Block (CB) on the first attempt to do so, even though the VCDS-Mobile application returned the usual 'Update Failed' message.

I have since tried over a dozen times to update the DS, but with no success. Occasionally the update process will complete without the 'Update Failed' message, but most often, I am presented with the 'Update Failed - check the internet connection' message. I have tried running the update process with the device connected by USB cable to two different computers, and with the device plugged into my vehicle. It just ain't working.

Most often, the update begins, gets to about 54%, presents a brief message about 'retrying blocks', then craps out. But, even when it appears to fully complete and no error messages are presented, it still doesn't update, as evidenced by going to the 'About' page of VCDS-Mobile, where DS 26 is shown as the current DS.

Any suggestions?

Michael

PanEuropean

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=11844
In case it helps, I tried going to the 'Self-Test' page of VCDS-Mobile, and it returned the following results:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
It looks like we broke something on the server -- and we're working on it -- sorry for the inconvenience.

-Uwe-

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
And -- it should be fixed now...

-Uwe-

PanEuropean

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=11844
It looks like we broke something on the server -- and we're working on it -- sorry for the inconvenience.

Ah, that is actually good news, I thought I was doing something wrong. Glad you know what the cause of the problem is. It has not caused me any inconvenience.

Michael

PanEuropean

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=11844
Holy crow, not only did it update successfully, the very first time, without any grief at all, BUT

I got to see a new message that I have never seen before:

Back