Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2004 Audi A8 02 Sensors

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Why did you kill the 034 test?

Do over...........all tests and don't rush.

Most tests require gas and brake except 070,071,077,037,041 but some depending on the ECU support take over with brake and gas pressed.
    Some require a sweet spot RPM like OXS heaters @ 3500

01-04-108 ( Additional AUX brake booster pump ) NOTE: ( Engine not running and press brake until test commences holding..... then displays result of vacuum pump in 4th field )

These following tests while running!

01-04-071-ON ( LDP Test )

01-04-070-ON ( EVAP )

01-04-077-ON ( Secondary air test ) ( It is normal for this test to abort and may need to be done last on some controllers, however, always check DTC's after test )

01-04-028-ON ( Knock sensor test )

01-04-094/096-ON ( Vario cam timing test )

01-04-030-ON ( Heated OXS bin bits spec 111 front and 110 for rear )

01-04-034/035-ON ( Forward OXS test )

01-04-036-ON ( Rear OXS test )

01-04-037/038-ON ( Age test OXS )

01-04-041/042-ON ( Heater circuit resistance display )

01-04-043/044-ON ( Additional OXS test )

01-04-046-ON ( CAT test )
    I'm So Sorry So do you want me to run all test's listed in this quote or just the ones I did in the last video? Thanks I will get this lol

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want you to clear DTC's .......do a TVA and then do all tests in caption.

In addition when done I want to see block 0x01-08-030, 031, 032, & 033

Video works for me.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want you to clear DTC's .......do a TVA and then do all tests in caption.

In addition when done I want to see block 0x01-08-030, 031, 032, & 033

Video works for me.
    OK I did all test in your previous post, I'll post that video... What's TVA? and how to do all test in caption? Ill do test on 01-08-030,031,032, & 033 after your reply on TVA... Thanks so much for your dedication in helping me man...

Here is the new video kind of long, (that's Good right lol)

Post Thanks / Like
    TVA

Throttle valve alignment
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok I posted a video of tests I'll do the other test you requested.. As for the TVA is there a video in wiki to do this? If not is it easy to find out how to do it correctly? I want to give you everything your requesting as accurate as possible.
    Also did I do the tests right in that last video? I waited for each one to say test off?

Post Thanks / Like
    Dude 060...........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dude 060...........
    Sorry brother I watched the WIKI video and already finished the TVA before your reply... I'll make sure I do more work on my end in figuring stuff out before asking questions. So sorry I appreciate all your hard work and helping me through this while learning a lot from you...
    Video as requested.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it's possible you may have a slight vacuum leak in the booster or intake.
    The MAF may also be weak or contaminated.

Fuel PSI and volume should be checked............

Firmware update may aid in correction, however, above tests are recommended first.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    So I assume I have other problems other then o2 sensors lol, Or these problems are the reason for the o2 sensors.
    Vacuum leak sounds about right I guess! The car does shake very little now at idle. I'll figure out the best ways to check on vacuum leak first and go from there I guess..
    I love this car but Audi is a completely different animal then anything I have ever worked on for sure! Listen I thank you again for everything and all your input you have provided! Any other guidance or help is always appreciated and I will try and figure this out and keep you posted.

What data did you read that helped you figure this to be one of the 3 options? I noticed the Cats are not getting to the recommended temp via VCDS pop ups.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think you need CATS yet or even OXS sensors.

What data did you read that helped you figure this to be one of the 3 options?
    I tossed the diagnostic dice on the parts counter..........033 deviation.

Firmware update.........trace leak or correct fuel PSI/volume loss.

Verify fuel filter with regulation!