Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 49

Thread: Estimated Data Usage?

  1. #21
    Verified VCDS User romad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oroville, California People's Republic
    Posts
    169
    Post Thanks / Like
    My current plan is $59.99 before discounts and taxes; after applying those I pay $52.89. I spoke with an AT&T rep yesterday and the cheapest I could get away with would have much higher while losing my unlimited data. If I move to a newer iPad, I may go with Verizon for it. T-Mobile is not a good option for me due to their poor coverage.

  2. #22
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    82
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by romad View Post
    My current plan is $59.99 before discounts and taxes; after applying those I pay $52.89. I spoke with an AT&T rep yesterday and the cheapest I could get away with would have much higher while losing my unlimited data. If I move to a newer iPad, I may go with Verizon for it. T-Mobile is not a good option for me due to their poor coverage.
    That's only your data or the total bill?

  3. #23
    Verified VCDS User romad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oroville, California People's Republic
    Posts
    169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total cellular bill. I have combined billing so landline & cellular are on the same bill; that total is around $160/month. I have 2 landlines and have looked at dropping one, but with the home phone plan I'm on, I would not save more than about $10 by dropping the line and switching to a different plan.

  4. #24
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    82
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by romad View Post
    Total cellular bill. I have combined billing so landline & cellular are on the same bill; that total is around $160/month. I have 2 landlines and have looked at dropping one, but with the home phone plan I'm on, I would not save more than about $10 by dropping the line and switching to a different plan.
    I haven't had a traditional land-line for years, since I do have the internet anyhow I just use Google voice and Skype (have a skype Philips cordless DECT phone) and Skype charges me $2.99/month for unlimited and Canada (and I can get as many skype-in nrs I want from whatever country I want for extra money around $60/year if I want an in-comming nr I have some of those for overseas use )

    I pay around $170 a month for two iPhones and my iPad mini all on the same mins and data plan.

    Is your internet in that bill too or no?

  5. #25
    Verified VCDS User romad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oroville, California People's Republic
    Posts
    169
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, my Internet has been $29.95/month for the last 9 years; it is going up to $49.95 this month. I live in a rural area where my options are dial-up, Satellite, or wireless ISP. I've been on the last since April 2005. DSL finally arrived a few years ago but the speed and cost are slower and higher, respectively. Oh, I COULD have had cable, if I wanted to pay the cable company several thousand dollars to run their cable down my street!

  6. #26
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    82
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by romad View Post
    No, my Internet has been $29.95/month for the last 9 years; it is going up to $49.95 this month. I live in a rural area where my options are dial-up, Satellite, or wireless ISP. I've been on the last since April 2005. DSL finally arrived a few years ago but the speed and cost are slower and higher, respectively. Oh, I COULD have had cable, if I wanted to pay the cable company several thousand dollars to run their cable down my street!
    I only use cable internet not TV, I pay $60 something for that so total around $233 a month for all my wireless services and phone and internet

  7. #27
    Verified VCDS User romad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oroville, California People's Republic
    Posts
    169
    Post Thanks / Like
    But did you have to pay them several thousand dollars to run the cable first?

  8. #28
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    82
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by romad View Post
    But did you have to pay them several thousand dollars to run the cable first?
    No they didn't charge me for that

  9. #29
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    NC USA
    Posts
    812
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by romad View Post
    If I move to a newer iPad, I may go with Verizon for it. T-Mobile is not a good option for me due to their poor coverage.
    That sounds like the best answer, still going to be about $30/mo though.

    The newest iPads are not locked to a carrier should you decide to change later.
    Unless perhaps you do some contract based retail purchase - I always buy direct from Apple.

  10. #30
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    82
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jakematic View Post
    That sounds like the best answer, still going to be about $30/mo though.

    The newest iPads are not locked to a carrier should you decide to change later.
    Unless perhaps you do some contract based retail purchase - I always buy direct from Apple.
    iPads were never locked to a carrier not even when you bought them with 2yr contract as I did, the early iPhones and iPads had carrier radio hardware differences though making it physically impossible to go between for instance ATT & Verizon, then there is/was the GSM 3G freq difference between ATT and TMo.

    But now yes they are all compatible to do whatever you want with them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •