Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Estimated Data Usage?

Post Thanks / Like
    My current plan is $59.99 before discounts and taxes; after applying those I pay $52.89. I spoke with an AT&T rep yesterday and the cheapest I could get away with would have much higher while losing my unlimited data. If I move to a newer iPad, I may go with Verizon for it. T-Mobile is not a good option for me due to their poor coverage.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by romad View Post
    My current plan is $59.99 before discounts and taxes; after applying those I pay $52.89. I spoke with an AT&T rep yesterday and the cheapest I could get away with would have much higher while losing my unlimited data. If I move to a newer iPad, I may go with Verizon for it. T-Mobile is not a good option for me due to their poor coverage.
    That's only your data or the total bill?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total cellular bill. I have combined billing so landline & cellular are on the same bill; that total is around $160/month. I have 2 landlines and have looked at dropping one, but with the home phone plan I'm on, I would not save more than about $10 by dropping the line and switching to a different plan.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total cellular bill. I have combined billing so landline & cellular are on the same bill; that total is around $160/month. I have 2 landlines and have looked at dropping one, but with the home phone plan I'm on, I would not save more than about $10 by dropping the line and switching to a different plan.
    I haven't had a traditional land-line for years, since I do have the internet anyhow I just use Google voice and Skype (have a skype Philips cordless DECT phone) and Skype charges me $2.99/month for unlimited and Canada (and I can get as many skype-in nrs I want from whatever country I want for extra money around $60/year if I want an in-comming nr I have some of those for overseas use )

I pay around $170 a month for two iPhones and my iPad mini all on the same mins and data plan.

Is your internet in that bill too or no?

Post Thanks / Like
    No, my Internet has been $29.95/month for the last 9 years; it is going up to $49.95 this month. I live in a rural area where my options are dial-up, Satellite, or wireless ISP. I've been on the last since April 2005. DSL finally arrived a few years ago but the speed and cost are slower and higher, respectively. Oh, I COULD have had cable, if I wanted to pay the cable company several thousand dollars to run their cable down my street!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, my Internet has been $29.95/month for the last 9 years; it is going up to $49.95 this month. I live in a rural area where my options are dial-up, Satellite, or wireless ISP. I've been on the last since April 2005. DSL finally arrived a few years ago but the speed and cost are slower and higher, respectively. Oh, I COULD have had cable, if I wanted to pay the cable company several thousand dollars to run their cable down my street!
    I only use cable internet not TV, I pay $60 something for that so total around $233 a month for all my wireless services and phone and internet

Post Thanks / Like
    But did you have to pay them several thousand dollars to run the cable first?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    But did you have to pay them several thousand dollars to run the cable first?
    No they didn't charge me for that

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I move to a newer iPad, I may go with Verizon for it. T-Mobile is not a good option for me due to their poor coverage.
    That sounds like the best answer, still going to be about $30/mo though.

The newest iPads are not locked to a carrier should you decide to change later.
    Unless perhaps you do some contract based retail purchase - I always buy direct from Apple.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jakematic View Post
    That sounds like the best answer, still going to be about $30/mo though.

The newest iPads are not locked to a carrier should you decide to change later.
    Unless perhaps you do some contract based retail purchase - I always buy direct from Apple.
    iPads were never locked to a carrier not even when you bought them with 2yr contract as I did, the early iPhones and iPads had carrier radio hardware differences though making it physically impossible to go between for instance ATT & Verizon, then there is/was the GSM 3G freq difference between ATT and TMo.

But now yes they are all compatible to do whatever you want with them.