Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Estimated Data Usage?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jakematic View Post
    I did that and ended up regretting it, and my bill was astronomical.
    Switched to T-Mo pre-paid and now get everything including hotspot for $70.
    You have T-Mobile AND good BBQ in NC. Here in Vermont we have neither.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by romad View Post
    I have 1 iPhone and 1 iPad; I changed phones going to a 3GS in 2009 to a 5 in 2012 and I went from an original iPad in 2010 to an iPad 3 in 2012.
    So are you sure your iPad is a 3G enabled one? They cost ~$100 more than the non 3G ones, was just wondering why you would have a 3G enabled one unless you planned to get a data plan for it, and yeah if it's not enabled for 3G (i.e. no sim slot) well then you don't have to decide anything on that one

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    You need 3G enabled one to get the GPS chip. Worth the extra cost if you ever want to use it for navigation.
    Last edited by JimG; 03-01-2014 at 09:55 AM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimG View Post
    You need 3G enabled one to get the GPS chip.
    True but what are you going to do with the GPS chip w/out data? Yeah there's a few navigation options out there but not very cheap.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Perhaps one of these years, Apple might actually introduce a phone that has a screen big enough to be useful?

-Uwe-

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Perhaps one of these years, Apple might actually introduce a phone that has a screen big enough to be useful?

-Uwe-
    Yeah I am waiting for an Apple Phablet for years now I would prefer NOT to have an iPad and iPhone with me, I want a Note 3 sized iPhone and that's it but yeah for reading and other browsing I do like the iPad mini size now, but while it does fit in my back pocket it's far from ideal for that!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Yep, I used iPhones back when they were the only game in town, but when Dell introduced the (by the standards of the time) absurdly huge Streak with a 5" screen, I switched to Android and haven't looked back since. As far as I'm concerned, 5" is the minimum useable size. I used a Note 1 for a couple of years, and now a Note 3.

-Uwe-

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, I used iPhones back when they were the only game in town, but when Dell introduced the (by the standards of the time) absurdly huge Streak with a 5" screen, I switched to Android and haven't looked back since.
    Had one (or two I think actually) of those too but while I loved the HW it was fairly buggy, but the form factor was ahead it's time.

As far as I'm concerned, 5" is the minimum useable size. I used a Note 1 for a couple of years, and now a Note 3.

-Uwe-
    Yes 5" is best, small enough to fit in your pocket but big enough to use nicely.

Here is my 5" VCDS solution from some four years ago

9. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BaraJag View Post
    Had one (or two I think actually) of those too but while I loved the HW it was fairly buggy, but the form factor was ahead it's time.
    I assume you're referring to the Dell Streak? The biggest problem I had with 'em was that I kept breaking them, specifically the screens. It was a bone-headed move on my part both times, but after the second one, I gave up. I've never outright broken any other phone I've had.

-Uwe-

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I assume you're referring to the Dell Streak?
    Correct

The biggest problem I had with 'em was that I kept breaking them, specifically the screens.
    They also had a tendency to just literally freeze up on you and become bricked, I never even rooted it or anything.

It was a bone-headed move on my part both times, but after the second one, I gave up. I've never outright broken any other phone I've had.

-Uwe-
    I managed to crack the screen the first week I had my (not so cheap!) OQO computer back in the day

Random pic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OQO