Check timing on 2.0 TDI CR

deegee

Reaction score
Lots of info on how to do this for the PD engines ... But is it possible to check timing before/after TDC on the CR diesel engines, I cant seem to find it in the Adv measuring values.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Post up some scan data so people can see exactly what ECU you have, 'cause without that, it's rather difficult to say what data it might be willing to divulge.

Additionally, keep in mind that CR engines use multiple injection events....

-Uwe-

Gavra

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=240855
Lots of info on how to do this for the PD engines ... But is it possible to check timing before/after TDC on the CR diesel engines, I cant seem to find it in the Adv measuring values.

CR do not have adjustable timing, so you can't check something NOT adjustable :)

And yes, everything can be checked for proper operation ,but NOT with scan-tool of any kind.

deegee

Reaction score
Post up some scan data so people can see exactly what ECU you have, 'cause without that, it's rather difficult to say what data it might be willing to divulge.

Additionally, keep in mind that CR engines use multiple injection events....

-Uwe-

This is an old one, but should be correct. Thanks.

Code:
Deleted. Data from pirated copies of VCDS is not welcome here.

Last edited by a moderator:

deegee

Reaction score
So a bit of background to the question...

I have no engine faults, the car runs smoothly, no lumpy idle, DPF regens without issue about every 600/700 miles, very well maintained and I use forte engine flush/fuel treatment once a year (I cover 7/8000 miles a year).

My only complaint is the car is fairly gutless until the revs are over 2000/2100 rpm and the MPG. Regardless of how its is driven, fast/slow/motorway/urban ... It returns a fairly constant 31/32 mpg. My neighbour has the same engine in his Passat (2.0 CR 170 BHP) and achieves 45/46mpg without even trying.

One thing that's been suggested by my local garage is the timing could be out. Checking the timing physically is quite a big job, just wondered if there's anything to look out for within VCDS .....

Many thanks...

Back