Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Now this would be cool

Audi and Airbus' flying car gets thumbs-up for test

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/audi-and-airbus-flying-car-gets-germanys-thumbs-up-for-test/
2Q==

mqdefault.jpg
Z

https://www.engadget.com/2018/06/20/germany-will-test-flying-taxis-from-audi-and-airbus/

aTOMic

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=151918
Haha, what a well-edited video! Soooo much funny - I dunno where to start!?! (The pilot / narrator's soprano voice, perhaps?)!

Thanks for the smile!
Haven't enjoyed a flight story this much since that last-flight-retiring, bomber pilot banked his flyin' boxcar ninety degrees on camera!

Flaps10

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=219700
I've managed to attend several air shows and fly-ins this summer in the BT-13
2 days at the Arlington, WA airshow
1 day trip to a community fly-in at Skagit Bavyiew (KBVS)
2 days in Warbirds Over the West in Salem, OR
1 day trip back to Skagit to hang with the Heritage Flight Museum
3 days at the WAAAM annual fly-in at Hood River, OR

Here's the highlight reel from the season:

Here is a video from my last trip of the season, where I took it back over the mountains for the winter.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I'm sorry, but this is BS.

Lion Air: At least one, if not several crews who flew that plane before the fatal crash reported problems that were almost certainly due to some kind of problem with the MCAS system. They turned that shit off an proceeded to do what pilots are expected to do: Aviate. Unfortunately, it wasn't fixed, and the last guy to crew that airplane didn't recognize the problem and turn that shit off.

Ethiopian Air: The Pilot In Command was a 29 year old who claimed to have 8000 flight hours. How is it possible to rack up 8000 hours by age 29? The co-pilot was a guy with 200 hours total. WTF?

The way I see this, both were pilot error; i.e. failure to recognize that a system was mis-behaving and turn it off.

-Uwe-

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Some 737 Max 8 pilots "tried" on iPads not flight simulators

The scariest IMHO section is this:
Crucially the training did not cover any of the new software that would be used on the 737 Max.
Boeing is also said to have also failed to mention to American Airlines pilots about the new software, under the guise of not wanting to "inundate" them with information.
So the pilots couldn't turn off the MCAS anti-stall system, because they didn't know it existed :banghead:

http://appleinsider.com/articles/19...light-simulators-and-trained-on-ipads-instead

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
https://www.yahoo.com/news/exclusiv...r-doomed-lion-air-jet-061922280--finance.html

[h=1]Exclusive: Cockpit voice recorder of doomed Lion Air jet depicts pilots' frantic search for fix - sources[/h]

"They didn't seem to know the trim was moving down," the third source said. "

Because there aren't big-assed trim wheels (that spin any time the trim changes!) right by the throttle and flap levers?

nMFD4rV.jpg

Investigators examining the Indonesian crash are considering how a computer ordered the plane to dive in response to data from a faulty sensor and whether the pilots had enough training to respond appropriately to the emergency, among other factors.

What emergency? It's straightforward malfunction. Shut that shit off and adjust the trim manually, then fly the feckin' airplane.

My take-away: Stay out of 3rd-world airliners. Their so-called pilots aren't up to snuff.

-Uwe-

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Because there aren't big-assed trim wheels (that spin any time the trim changes!) right by the throttle and flap levers?

What emergency? It's straightforward malfunction. Shut that shit off and adjust the trim manually, then fly the feckin' airplane.

My take-away: Stay out of 3rd-world airliners. Their so-called pilots aren't up to snuff.

Ageist comment warning :cool:

They were young pilots, and young people only look at screens :facepalm:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
They were young pilots, and young people only look at screens :facepalm:
It would surprise me if they've never actually touched those trim-wheels either because there's an electric trim switch on the yoke. Guess what it does? Yep, it spins those wheels, just like the MCAS system does. But there are also a couple of switches to turn all that crap off, after which you can still trim the elevator by turning those wheels manually.

-Uwe-

Back