The Airplane thread

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Even more infuriatingly, the new rules are outpaced by most aircraft manufacturers around the world. In fact, according to a September report by the International Council on Clean Transportation, the average new commercial jet was in compliance with the ICAO’s 2028 standards as early as 2016.
Let me get this straight. The author of this article finds it "infuriating" that the industry met the standards twelve years before they had to?

-Uwe-

Flaps10

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=219700
I did some package delivery on Christmas eve. About a six hour trip by car (even if you push the speed limit). I had a 27 knot tailwind and made the trip eastbound in 2 hours flat in my slow airplane. The trip back was brutal but it remained clear.

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
KSWF (Newburgh/Stewart) from the tail gunner's seat in a B-25 today. The NY Air show is this weekend at KMGJ (Orange County/Montgomery).....

Reactions: Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
I haven't been on that part of 17K in a few months now. AFAIK, they were band-aiding it together enough for a ferry permit down to Arkansas or Alabama for a major overhaul.

If I get the 12V aux battery swapped out in my Bavarian Golf Cart this weekend (*), I'll take a drive down there and see if I can get some pictures through the fence.

(*) Big assumption that the car will even power up to drive after the 12V aux battery failed, since I no longer have access to someone with a BMW scan tool to register the replacement battery.....

• Informative
Reactions: Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Speeding Train: 1
Cessna 172: 0
Pretty much anything loses against a speeding train. There are plenty of compilations on YT of trains hitting semi-trucks and such, and the results ain't much different.

-Uwe-

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Interesting saga:
No question in my mind that was complete attention-whoring. I mean, the plane almost found itself a place to land. There's plenty of room to land a Taylorcraft in the valley you can see at around 3:20 in that video. I'm not sure whether that's a road or a dry riverbed in that valley, but no matter. He clearly could have landed there:

LandThere.jpg

-Uwe-

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
As if it wasn't obvious by having TWO GoPro cameras mounted on the wing to catch the exit from the side door (and another on the elevator facing forward), the lack of a visible registration number, and being the only GA pilot that I've ever seen wearing a parachute. Plus, the video still from Uwe above was shot from above, when I'm pretty sure that the free fall when exiting the plane would have put him well below the aircraft before it reached the ground. Heck, our local parachute jump twin-engine plane had to do a full power dive to beat the jumpers back to the ground.....

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
AFAIK, they were band-aiding it together enough for a ferry permit down to Arkansas or Alabama for a major overhaul.
Looks like it went to Weeseeanna:

-Uwe-

Back