Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast

Thread: The Airplane thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Dam.....Sad day
    Ouch!

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I flew on this plane & other B units when they came to Orange County.
    All were so loud even with hearing protection but they were awesome to take a flight in and sit in all the stations with active turrets to simulate a mission.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

3. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Corruption in Ethiopia, that's like meat in an Impossible Burger, no?

Whistle while you work?
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...sh/3898991002/

Boeing 737 Max crash: Whistleblower complaint alleges corruption in Ethiopian Airlines
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

5. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shows once again that incomplete testing and rushing a product to market DOES have negative consequences, once customers lose confidence it takes an awful lot of time and hard work to regain that confidence.
    Opinion from "inside" the industry.
    The above statement is partially true. This aircraft should have been re- type certificated, by the FAA , NOT from a Boeing DER (Designated Engineering Representative). It was done this way to save the "customers" money. The customers being the MAJOR carriers buying the airplane. The fault does not lie alone at Boeings feet. The people buying the airplane negotiate what they want, it's a partnership. I watched it first hand with the 787 development. It was built the way it was ordered to save money !!! - BY THE CARRIERS -

The carriers did not want to spend money on training, and flight crew certification. They didn't want to create a separate class of crews that could only fly the 737 MAX.
    The airplane also only has (had) a single AOA vane feeding the MCAS system (from what I can gather)
    https://www.seattletimes.com/busines...ed-on-the-jet/ the second one to feed the system and the "disagree" light was an "option" (500K I've heard)

The airplane probably was rushed a bit to market to compete with the A220 (Bombadier-Airbus). Its about CASM - RASM ratio.. bottom line. (Cost Available Seat Mile / Revenue Available Seat Mile) The airlines can control labor costs, equipment costs, it cannot control FUEL costs. Labor and fuel being the biggest ones. It is THE only reason the 747 is not flying passengers for any US based carrier. It's got 4 BRT's (Big Round Things) hanging on it instead of 2. It is still the fastest commercial airliner flying (cruise .86-.87 mach FL420-450) and has one hell of a lift.

Jack, God Bless your Dad, he'd be welcome to ramp check one of my airplanes ANY day

8. Likes Uwe, PetrolDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJetTech View Post
    The airplane also only has (had) a single AOA vane feeding the MCAS system (from what I can gather)
    ... which creates the possibility of a single point failure leading to bad consequences - something that is against all good design principles where fail-safe is essential.

In the 1980's I worked at an aerospace company that designed the DECUs for military aircraft, and the task of the team I was part of as to evaluate the effect of multiple sensor failures on the dual lane DECU - we found and had corrected in the firmware several potential causes of engine flame out when more than one sensor failed (the original design team had already taken account of all single sensor failures).

10. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Redundancy or die from FOD, they were not kidding!
    Someone forgot to KISS it?

Not just twice sometimes thrice.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redu..._(engineering)

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Terrorism....?
    At the brakes? I don't think so. Those brakes get hot during a landing.

The fire happened after hydraulic oil - which is flammable - leaked onto the plane's hot brakes
    -Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    These guys did several flybys over my house. I hear it was for the eagles game.

15. Likes Uwe, NZDubNurd, Jack@European_Parts liked this post