Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Infrastructure mode

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Infrastructure mode

I've been able to look at VCDS Mobile using the access point, but cannot make the jump to using my WiFi. I have downloaded the utility, and it sees my network, yet when I use the wizard I do not get the Hex-Net when I look for it on WiFi.
    A couple observations: apparently upon using the wizard a try at joining the network isn't made: I thought I might have entered the wrong password, but on a repeat attempt I did use an incorrect password and did not get a cattle prod or something less in reply. Needless to say it didn't work then. In comparing my utility screen with others, I see an IP address is visible for the successful user in the box detailing the default access, but mine is the written equivalent of the buzzer: 0.0.0.0.
    What am I missing?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Try rebooting the HEX-NET by unplugging it both from USB and any car that it might be plugged into.

-Uwe-

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    The HEX-Net has been unplugged since yesterday. Doesn't matter if I use AutoIP, DHCP, or force a static IP, it still returns to 0.0.0.0 when I backup. Of course I'm now grateful for no buzzer, etc.
    I'm seeing a left green LED, center red and right green, with synchronous blinking of the center and right.
    All kidding aside, I do appreciate your help, and your products!

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    What kind of router do you have? what type of security?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Linksys E4200 router, with WPA2/WPA security and their version of an SPI firewall.

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you try creating a profile using the "Profile Setup Wizard"? What was the network strength shown?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's the wizard I referenced in my original post. Three bars. My shop computer accesses the WiFi without problems.

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    The PC and HEX-NET have different radios. Can you go under the Profile wizard and look at the signal strength. It should be listed as a percentage.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, it's 84%. Stopping the SPI firewall has no effect.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Changing to WPA2 alone gives a center green light and an IP, and now the right light is red/orange alternating. Going to test the iPad with the car!!