Thread: Resolution for Installation of VCDS on Windows 10 Tablet

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Resolution for Installation of VCDS on Windows 10 Tablet

Hi, VCDS would not launch after installation on my Windows 10 tablet (32 bit). The table was a WinBook 7"

The Windows 10 default virus protection program Windows Defender was at issue.

This seemed to after work shown below.

Go To:
    Action Center
    All Settings
    Update and Security
    Windows Defender
    Real Time Protection ==> TURN OFF
    Install VCDS and finish installation

VCDS froze after turning Defender back on, so either leave turned off or
    While in Windows Defender
    Exclude exe file = VCDS.EXE
    Exclude Folder= C:\Ross-Tech
    Turn Defender On

2. Likes Uwe, raf0468 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Which version of VCDS is this? Have you manually scanned VCDS.EXE to see what objection Windows Defender has to it? Please also check that the digital signature(s) on the EXE are still there and valid.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi uwe,

the version was VCDS Release 15.7, downloaded May 21 2016. I didn't scan the EXE file or check the signature (I'm not computer savy enough to do this).

The issue I had was that VCDS would take a very long time to launch and then would freeze when selecting the USB port. Also would not uninstall properly, since there was still in the program file the Ross-tech folder with the EXE command, which also caused issues. I deleted that folder manually.

The turned off defender and reloaded, which worked after that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Make sure the drivers for your WinBook are up to date, this sounds more like an issue with the software/hardware running on your machine. I can't recollect that we had similar reports and I've been heavily using Windows 10 pretty much since day one w/o problems like this. Especially with the uninstallation being a completely separate program, if that fails - there must be something else wrong with your system that isn't related to VCDS.
    Sebastian @ Ross-Tech.com // VCDS Rookie since 2003

»Nichts erweitert das eigene Wissen mehr,
    als die Meinung eines Andersdenkenden.«

6. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    The strange thing is that VCDS worked great on the same tablet just a month ago on my 2011 Tiguan. Then I used VCDS recently on my 1995 Audi Cabrio with the two black and white plug VCDS adapter. After that, I had the issues which seemed to be resolved after reinstalling and exclusion of VCDS in Windows Defender.
    But between use of the older interface adapter, Windows 10 auto-update and VCDS updates all around the same time, I'm not quite sure which change, if any, played a role.

Anyway VCDS is great and have used it for problems ranging from a 1995 Audi convertible top error to a 2011 turbo leak. I probably end up owning VW/Audi because I can use it rather than the cars themselves.

8. Likes Uwe, Dana liked this post