USA gti, rcd510-->rns510

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROOSTER1050

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
UC152537
Cheers all -- no clue how to get verified, so here goes...

I have a 2010 vw gti, sunroof pckg with rcd-510c (mute button, no hd radio) and steering wheel controls ...I already updated to a 9w7 blue tooth module ....

Recently, I purchased a RNS510 version c ....pretty much plug and play, but I have lost some steering wheel control function on the left side....volume works(up/down), but the skip track/forward/change preset buttons(left right) and the mute button(microphone) no longer work ....

It's there something in vcds I'm missing?

We did change setting to tell the canbus it's NAV unit now ...a couple other tweaks we tried ended up with no audio

Any help or guidance on what could get me full steering wheel controls back would be greatly appreciated!
PM's welcomed

ROOSTER1050

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
UC152537
well thanks for the 39 views, and ZERO replies!!! what a welcome, LOL ..... for anyone who cares , it ended up being the unit itself.... dropped in a new(er) RNS-510, steering wheel controls were there straight outta the gate ..... now who do you have to talk to to be able to actually POST in the other forums???? :-/

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
well thanks for the 39 views, and ZERO replies!!! what a welcome, LOL
Did you provide any data from the tool this forum exists to support? ;)

..... for anyone who cares , it ended up being the unit itself.... dropped in a new(er) RNS-510, steering wheel controls were there straight outta the gate .....
Cool! Did you save scan data from both of them so people can see what the difference is?

now who do you have to talk to to be able to actually POST in the other forums???? :-/
Well, you have to be a registered VCDS user. However, our records indicate that the serial number you provided when you joined this forum belongs to someone else, and so our supposition is that you're not a registered VCDS user.

-Uwe-

ROOSTER1050

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
UC152537
Did you provide any data from the tool this forum exists to support? ;)

well, didn't really have anything to offer yet, as my first was inquiry only .....LOOKING for support

Cool! Did you save scan data from both of them so people can see what the difference is?

no VCDS difference, other than the VIN itself was already coded for NAV. (which I had done on a prior install)

Well, you have to be a registered VCDS user. However, our records indicate that the serial number you provided when you joined this forum belongs to someone else, and so our supposition is that you're not a registered VCDS user.

definitely an issue -- Mine IS 2nd hand....could be 3rd or 4th hand for all I know. As I'm sure you're well aware, these VCDS units trade hands time and time over as people leave VAG behind, sell or trade cars in, or just looking to make some extra $$$ .... Thought I was following all the proper steps and procedures to become a productive, active member and learn as I go ..... would be nice if there was a system in place to "re-boot" the ownership or registration of the product. :confused:

-Uwe-

I'm probably not helping matters at this point .... :/

Santos

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
definitely an issue -- Mine IS 2nd hand....could be 3rd or 4th hand for all I know. As I'm sure you're well aware, these VCDS units trade hands time and time over as people leave VAG behind, sell or trade cars in, or just looking to make some extra $$$ .... Thought I was following all the proper steps and procedures to become a productive, active member and learn as I go ..... would be nice if there was a system in place to "re-boot" the ownership or registration of the product.

http://store.ross-tech.com/shop/VUDOT.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back