Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CSV files - Am I doing this right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    The VAG engineers do this so that a measuring value group can pull the info you need without requesting multiple groups. Each request for a measuring value in the older control modules, actually pulls all 4 values in the measuring group. The more groups you ask to view, the slower the the sample rate. So, the VAG engineers will put the same item in multiple groups to keep the sample rates high - improving the graphs that can be created from the values.
    Even more to the point, for more than a decade, VW's own tools could only show you ONE group at a time. So values that were commonly used as a reference (for example RPM) were included in many groups.

-Uwe-

2. Likes aTOMic liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys.
    So the answer to my thread title question is yes - copy and paste CSV text with [CODE] tags around it, right?
    -Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aTOMic View Post
    So the answer to my thread title question is yes - copy and paste CSV text with [CODE] tags around it, right?
    Yep, that's fine.

An alternate would be to upload your CSV file to a Google Docs spreadsheet, set it to share with anyone that has a link to it, and then post the link. The latter would be preferred if the file is really large.

-Uwe-

5. Likes aTOMic liked this post