Thread: Autoscan Clear DTC`s not working.

Post Thanks / Like

Autoscan Clear DTC`s not working.

Hello guys ,

I have some problems with DTC clear lately ,(only NON CAN BUS cars I think) .
    I do a full autoscan. See some DTC`s , perform a clear all , it is doing a full autoscan again....nothing is cleared.
    This happens a lot lately (I use version beta 14.5.x)

I know that not all dtc`s can be just cleared , but even simple ones just doesn`t clear with autoscan.
    When I enter the modules individually I can clear them without any problems.

Tested on both laptops (windows 8.1 64bit and Windows 7 32bit so it is not hardware related) ,also on various VAG Cars. I think it only worked with CAN cars (it shows a window about CAN-clear )

thanks!

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    what interface are you using?

What was the latest car you had issues with?

Post Thanks / Like
    I am using HEX+CAN . It couldnt clear Audi A4 B6 (x2) ,VW Golf GTI 2003 ,Audi S3 8L 2003 , thats from memory.

Yesterday I autoscaned the Audi S3 for example , a couple of mistakes in ENGINE module (N249 and DV) , the problem did go away the car was ok, clearing from Autoscan , nothing happened , cleared from ENGINE module worked fine and the car is still o.k.

So what I do now is looking at Autoscan and then go individualy thrrough modules for dtc clearing :/

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just tested the latest beta 14.5.3 and could not reproduce. It successfully cleared DTCS via autoscan "clear all".

Can you try clearing DTC's with 12.12.2 ?

5. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Santos , I will try to test 12.12.2 on Monday , on a car with no CAN (looks like it is a seperated command with CAN) .