Status
Not open for further replies.

kevvnolan

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=268109
My 2.0 litre 140 bhp passat engine has died and I'm looking to replace it I have gotten a price of€ 2600 sounds outrageous to me they reckon the engines are extremely hard to get anyways I was wondering what other engines are compatible I have been told a skoda vrs engines fits perfect just needs to be coded to the car? Can anybody share there knowledge please ?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Fits? Yes. Just needs to be coded? I don't think so. If this is the Passat you've previously posted a scan from, it's got a diesel engine and the VRS is a petrol, is it not? That in and of itself implies substantial modifications to the fuel system.

-Uwe-

kevvnolan

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=268109
You can get a 170 brake diesel vrs engine I'm just querying the idea of it and the changes required before moving forward thanks

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Ah, I wasn't aware there was a VRS diesel, sorry.

That certainly makes things somewhat easier, but I'm still skeptical that this is "just coding". I think you're going to need the correct ECU, or at least software for your ECU that matches the engine in question.

-Uwe-

dubTECH

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=104757
€2600 is shocking, the engines can be got as I've had to get them for customers. Don't get me wrong they will still be the best part of £1000 even 2nd hand, realistically I wouldn't be fitting one without stripping the sump and checking the condition of the oil pump drive key and balance shaft.
To run the VRS you would be best getting the correct ECU and get it matched to the vehicle. But if it were me, I'd be back to a stock engine for hardiness.

Reactions: Uwe

kevvnolan

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=268109
Thanks for the advice lads going to stick with the 140 brake passat engine left it with a guy earlier he's going to do exactly what you said see how badly damaged she is a try his best to repair he's said he has done a few and reckons they most can be rebuilt please God

Reactions: Uwe
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back