Thread: VCDS and Boost specified

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

VCDS and Boost specified

Hi
    When using vcds to view, Boost,, Is the Boost shown absolute, or just gauge pressure,, For example is 2500 m/bar actual boost pressure from the turbo into
    the engine, or atmospheric pressure of 1000m/bar at sea level, And 1500 M/bar of boost.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I don't think I've ever seen anything except absolute pressures. Absolute pressure in the manifold is, after all, what the engine cares about, while relative ("gauge") pressure above ambient is not really relevant to its operation.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

3. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen anything except absolute pressures. Absolute pressure in the manifold is, after all, what the engine cares about, while relative ("gauge") pressure above ambient is not really relevant to its operation.

-Uwe-
    I've found my Disc for the the engine i was working on and it is in Absolute.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    IME, in the engineering and scientific communities virtually everything is absolute to eliminate variables in atmospheric pressure.
    Last edited by BlueR32; 04-30-2016 at 02:13 PM.

6. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just an FYI for old R32 owners with ME7.1.1 that decide to blow them.

The ME7.1.1 RS6T V8 ECU board, is a great use for that E-MOD for the race track, and supports the MAP sensor and N75/N249 + additional drivers.

or

MS4 Sport Bosch Motorsports here.
    Happy reading.........

http://www.bosch-motorsport.com/en/d...oftware_1.html#

http://www.bosch-motorsport.de/en/de...egories_1.html
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jack.

Good links, not read through the whole site or products, My standalone ecu's run most things including launch/traction control and
    turbo engine and N/a. using Alpha-N or speed Density. And some ecu's blending both like M,squirt.The reason i asked about the boost being absolute total,
    I have a map from a Bosch ecu EDC15. using winols, of the Boost table, which at 1950,mbar would be approx 1,bar of boost depending on sea level, if the table is absolute, if not then boost of nearly 2,bar seemed a lot for a small Diesel std engine.

As UWE Say Absolute pressure in the manifold is, after all, what the engine cares about, while relative ("gauge") pressure above ambient is not really relevant to its operation.

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello

This isn't the Winols thread.............however......

European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

10. Likes Boki Ar liked this post