Thread: VW transporter T5.1

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

VW transporter T5.1

Hello
    Have any one had this problem that the highbeam light indicator in instrument cluster is blinking fast and slow and sometimes dont work. Do i have to change the cluster and how do i recode a used one. I have a used cluster i can install.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hi and welcome.

Please post an Auto-Scan for context.

I would guess you can do an Output Test on the cluster than includes the high beam indicator. The question here is whether the problem is really in the cluster, or whether it's due to some external influence. That indicator light most likely lights up due to a CAN message from another module, so it would be good to be able to see all the modules...

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have tested the input wire on the cluster to the indicator, i get 12v when i use the high beam. But the light woun't show in the cluster only sometimes. Coudn't find high beam in output test. I can see when i get time to do an auto scan and post.
    I have a used cluster. Is it much work to change and code. I now u have to change the odo, but does other moduls have to be coded?
    I tried to take of the cluster needles to get to the bulbs to check if it was a bad soilder but the needles sits to fast, so i stopped before any thing would break.
    Thank