Thread: EPB Error, 7P Touareg

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

EPB Error, 7P Touareg

Hello,

2013 Touareg TDI. Emission fixed. Canadian model.

Last night I was resetting the SRI on my wife's car. So I figure why not give the 7P a quick scan.

While it was auto scanning I notice my parking brake was not on. So I engaged it. Needless to say it skipped module 53.

So after the auto scan I cleared whatever BS error codes there was. Went into 53. No codes.

Then stupid me decides to perform an air gap measurement. Must be my daddy toddler brain at work. I haven't touched VCDS in a while, i have a 2 and a 1 year old...

Rather than going into "Meas. Blocks" I went into "Output Tests" and clicked "Open Caliper".

FUCK ME. So needless to say parking brake error. Auto hold error.

My synopsis is the EPB "lost" its position after I hit open caliper. It thinks I just did brake work and now EXPECTS me to mechanically adjust the star wheel and then measure and grind in.

My question is. Can I NOT adjust the star wheel and just jump in and just do the grind in process? Kind of like the video below but without actually adjusting it physically?

http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthre...7-7P-T-Reg-EPB

HOWEVER. The last time I did ACTUAL brake work was over a year ago, around 20000km? The EPB shoes are original. The car has 99xxxkm. Another 4400km I need oil change.

I'm concerned that if I fake measure and grind in now my air gap might going to be GREATER than the OE spec, since my shoes now are 20000km more worn than the last actual measure and grind point. Would it cause more damage like over extending the servo?

That beeping error everytime I stop is annoying the fuck out of me.

I dont want to risk breaking more shit. Can I fake grind? If not I'll have to suck it and wait until my next oil change to actual adjust; while it's off the ground.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Matt View Post
    My question is. Can I NOT adjust the star wheel and just jump in and just do the grind in process? Kind of like the video below but without actually adjusting it physically?
    I would try it. Those shoes are only used by the parking brake; they perform no service brake action at all, and therefore don't really wear down in normal use.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

3. Likes Dana liked this post