Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 99 VW Beetle key coding

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

99 VW Beetle key coding

I have VCDS for 05 and up but I need to code a key for a 99 VW beetle. I don't want to spend another 300 bucks if I don't have to right now but I have no luck finding someone near me willing to come do it. What model should I buy to get this job done cheaply as possible? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Are you sure the Beetle in question is a 1999? 'Cause if so, no key-coding is needed; they didn't have immobilizers until MY2000.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

3. Likes Jetta ,97 liked this post
    Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your order was placed on hold . Since you own a Micro-CAN, Purchasing a KII at full price is not recommended. You are better off trading in your micro-CAN towards a HEX-USB+CAN. Cost is $159 and will work on VW/Audi from 1995-2016

http://store.ross-tech.com/shop/uHUC.html

Owning a KII-USB and a Micro-CAN will still lack CAN based Audi support.

Please give us a call and speak with Helen. She can adjust your order.

5. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I knew I should have waited to order it. I will call tomorrow. I actually need the thing asap as I need to get the car running. The original key way lost and the dealer they bought the new key at did not inform them it needed coding. They had it towed to me for t belt and water pump and they don't want to get it towed to a dealer and pay for the tow and the coding (250+ bucks). Its their daughters car and they are trying to get it running for her again. The car starts and immediately dies and the security light on the dash is flashing. Thanks for the help guys especially you Santos.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    What's the VIN of this car? I'm having a hard time with the notion that it's a 1999.

Also, do you have some means of getting the PIN (security) code necessary to match a key?

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Low_keysGarage View Post
    I knew I should have waited to order it. I will call tomorrow. I actually need the thing asap as I need to get the car running. The original key way lost and the dealer they bought the new key at did not inform them it needed coding. They had it towed to me for t belt and water pump and they don't want to get it towed to a dealer and pay for the tow and the coding (250+ bucks). Its their daughters car and they are trying to get it running for her again. The car starts and immediately dies and the security light on the dash is flashing. Thanks for the help guys especially you Santos.
    Agree with UWE , that car is not 99.

If you need help on key programing , contact me direct.
    Master Technician for German cars
    Immobilizer/ECU
    /Cluster Programing (Used or NEW) and Key Programing
    Mk6 COLOR cluster in Mk5 -CLIK

email : marinmm2001@gmail.com

9. Likes summitradio, Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    10/99 so its a 2000. I figure the pin would have to come from the dealer then. Should I just tell them to take it to a dealer? Just trying to save them some money and help them out. First time messing with anything like this.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I emailed you...Thanks man
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetta ,97 View Post
    Agree with UWE , that car is not 99.

If you need help on key programing , contact me direct.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    10/99 so its a 2000.
    People need to stop paying attention to the date a car was built (or the Brits to when it was first registered with their silly "plate" nonsense) and look at the VIN. The VIN tells you the model year:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicl..._year_encoding

... and the model year determines how a car is equipped.

I figure the pin would have to come from the dealer then. Should I just tell them to take it to a dealer? Just trying to save them some money and help them out. First time messing with anything like this.
    Dealers are not really in a position to give you a PIN code. Their tool gets it from VW's server and never shows it to them.

-Uwe-

13. Likes Jetta ,97 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very good info sir. I think I am going to send my micro-can back and swap for the hex-can-usb. I spoke with jetta,97 and will be taking parts to him for repair since I need to get this car done and don't have a lot of time.

15. Likes Uwe liked this post