Rebranded VCDS cable and drivers

IgorDeLuxe

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=266900
Hello,

I bought VCDS HEX+CAN cable (at full price) from German seller. I made first install from USB key that came with the box and had no problem. Update to latest 15.7. went OK. When I installed new beta v16, cable is not detected.
I found out that my cable has different USB driver that one from ross-tech site. When I make clean installation from your site cable is not detected until I manually install USB driver from USB key.

Before buying I asked seller if this is original cable that can be upgraded from official site and got confirmation without any indication that I need special drivers. Now seller is saying that I need to install software from there site, that v16 is not yet available and beta is only meant for professional use. :banghead:

Can anything be done to "upgrade" this cable to standard issue that will work with original USB drivers? Registration on your site went OK and updating inside 15.7. is working OK. Seller has official web page and presents itself as VCDS supplier.
If you can help, I can send you additional information on private or post it here.

Thank you.

Sebastian

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HN0-nnnnnn
Does your interface have one LED or TWO? If it has TWO, you bought a system from a distributor of ours, who is authorized to manufacture their own hardware. However, there is a known issue which makes that hardware incompatible to Beta 16.3. We (specifically our lead programmer Eric) have since identified and rectified said issue, however - an updated version has not been published yet. If you insist on it I am sure Auto-Intern will accompany you and replace their Multiscan Interface (TWO LEDs) with a Ross-Tech HEX+CAN (ONE LED) - or you could just wait a few days 'til we publish an updated version of Beta 16.3

IgorDeLuxe

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=266900
Thank you for your fast answer.

I'm not in a hurry to upgrade. I was concern if cable is really original and OK. It has 2 LEDs.

If future upgrades will work and all features are the same, then I'll just wait a bit longer. :)

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Back